HoneyCombs

"Sir?"

"Sir!"

The old man had finally awoken to Gi-Huns calling, a sigh of relief leaving him as the old man looked to him with a large smile.

"Are you alright?" He questioned, returning the smile as the other sat up from his bed. Both of them back in the numbered jackets and shirts.

"Player 456," Player 001 greeted to which Gi-Hun nodded and replied with a quick 'yes' and then shook his head with a small laugh, "I thought you were gone for good," He told the man.

"I'm not going to die that easily." The same smile plastered upon the older mans face with every word he said.

"Of course you won't!" Gi-Hun said, "I got to leave thanks to you, then I came back thanks to you. You can't die first." It almost sounded like a joke but it was closer to the truth than anything. Without this old man, he wouldn't have left and without the visit he had gotten from him, Gi-Hun wouldn't have returned.
Well, that and his ex wife's husband of course.

With no other words, the two of them then looked around, then at the board that once again presented the number of players within the game.

*187*

That would mean that 86 players who said no, decided to come back. That was more than half, more than a quarter at that point.

"A lot of people came back." Player 001 revised Gi-Huns thoughts, and Gi-Hun agreed with him, his eyes still trained on the board in disbelief that so many people actually decided to come back.

But then again, he was also one of those people. How could he be so surprised?

Then pure shock.

A woman making eye contact with him for a spilt second before she looked away, "Thats the woman who didn't get to name her baby. She's back." He said to the older man next to him, still looking to the lady.

"I wonder if she named her child before she came back."

"Goodness," Gi-Hun replied and watched around at more people.

"Gi-Hun."

Gi-Hun turned at his name, instantly recognising the voice.

"Sang-Woo." He replied, moving back from Player 001 and closer to Sang-Woo who had been already walking towards him.

"You're here." He said once he reached Gi-Hun, his eyes meeting with his but then looked the other up and down; not in a judging way either, "I didn't think you'd come."

Gi-Hun clicked his tongue, his gaze moving off to the side, "Me neither," His lips tugged in a small smile as he turned back to look at Sang-Woo again, making eye contact, "What about you? Did you see your mom?" He then asked, considering the two hadn't talked since he had to leave to see his own mother.

Sang-Woo didn't reply, just looked to the ground. Though he wouldn't have much time to answer Gi-Hun anyways- the sound of a softer and sweeter voice piping up from in front of them.

"Good sirs!" The two turned to see Player 199 again, the same person who had helped Gi-Hun before they knew what was even going on. Someone who had saved his life. Gi-Hun couldn't help but be happy to see him.

"It's my saviour!" He smiled, pointing to the man as he nodded and agreed with Gi-Hun.

"It's great to see you again," He then looked to Sang-Woo, "Thank you very much giving me the bud fare." 199 took a bow as he thanked him.

Gi-Hun had looked to Sang-Woo again, bumping his hand into the others to grab his attention. Sang-Woos fingers retracting in reaction, almost intertwining their fingers together but just leaving them in a way were it was cold from the quick loss of warmth; even if it was only for a spilt second they could even experience it.