TRR

I have a solemn and sturdy look on my face as I steered on guiding my ship through the rainbow river. "Captin?" I look back to see who asked for my name. Suddenly I see him, we are in a tavern drinkin' "Capin' we goin' back to sail through the rainbow river ain't we?" He asked and I grinned. "Y'know it! This time it's gonna work" I Said with a confident smile ad I look back to my cup "Hey Captin?" he called out. Where did his accent go...?

"CAPTIN!!"

I snapped back into reality and saved my ship from fallin' off the edge "Oh bloody hell..." I whispered to myself "It happened again..." a young member of my crew looked at me "Another hallucination again?" They asked, and I nodded "This river she'll trick yuh'" I said softly One moment yer' on the river looking at her beauty the next yer' back seeing yer past then yer dead kid" I explained They nod "why are we even sailing her? What's the worth of it?" They asked "Fer' some it's a whole lot of money, fer' others it's a beautiful woman or a handsome man, or maybe loved ones they've lost and were yearning to see them once more" I take a sharp inhale. "So..." They looked at me with curiosity "the worth of it is whatever you want most out of life?"

I chuckled "I guess ye could say that kid" They hummed "So..what is it going to be for you?" they asked still humming afterward "Kid..." I trailed "A tavern will be there waitin' for me" The Kid looks at me in startle. "A tavern??" "Yep" "If ye wanted to go to a tavern so badly why didn't we just stop?" I sighed "Not just any tavern kid. My favorite tavern with my old crew and him in it..."
"What happened to yer' old crew?' They asked "That's another story for another time kid," I said with a slight smile. The sun was starting to set as I steered. "We will be there soon"