Your Love is Forever 2

The two of us spent the rest of the day unpacking and exploring the grounds together, always hand in hand. We ate lunch together in the dining room- which was pretty much open air once you pulled the doors open. The stream from the pool ran directly through the kitchen, much to my delight. It cast shadows of the water against the ceiling as we ate and talked.

"I should probably call home at some point," I suggest as we clean the dishes, my arms deep in soapy water. "I didn't really tell my dad where I was going when I left."

George rolls his eyes and starts aggressively drying the plates. "And how are you going to explain that you're in Australia at the same time as me? Frank isn't stupid."

"Well, maybe it's time we just tell him we're... together," I mutter, avoiding looking at him. He doesn't respond for a moment.

"Maybe you're right, y/n." George touches my jaw lightly and brings my mouth to his, gently kissing me. "We can finally stop having to sit so far away at dinner parties." He chuckles at this, grinning at me.

I wasn't expecting him to be so agreeable, he made it clear at the beginning of our relationship that it was nothing serious. That has since changed, and I was elated to see that he was serious. "Oh George, thank you!" I exclaim, kissing him again.

"The phone is next to the bed," George instructs, scratching his chin, "although I am nervous to see how your mother reacts."

Drying my hands, I quickly walk to the bedroom, George in tow. My father and George have known each other for years, as my dad is one of the longest employed gardeners at Friar park. I knew George when I was a teenager but after my parents divorced, I saw less of him. It was only until I moved back to my father's after I graduated from University that I reconnected with George.

Dialing the long-distance call, I stand nervously next to the phone, twirling the cord in my hands. I make eye contact with George and he winks. I can feel the hotness rise in my cheeks.

A few seconds later, the phone clicks, and I hear my father's voice. "Hello, Frank Addy here. Who's calling?"

"Hi Dad," I say anxiously, grabbing George's hand. "It's y/n."

"Y/n, hello love! How was the flight?"

"Uh, it was fine." There's a pregnant pause where neither of us speaks. "Um, I'm in Australia."

"Australia? Where in?"

George grins and raises his eyebrows. "Hamilton island."

Another very long pause. "Wait, with-"

"With George. Yes. Uh...." I interrupt him, not sure where I was going with that.

"Why are you with him?" my dad asks hesitantly, slowly piecing it together.

Taking a deep breath, I squeeze George's hand.
"Dad, George and I are in a relationship. We have been for nearly eight months." I let that sentence drop, and my dad doesn't respond.
"I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, I just was just letting the dust settle before I dropped this on you."

He breathes heavily on the other end. "Y/n, this call is going to cost quite a bit at this rate." He chuckles nervously, pausing. "I'm glad you told me. But- y/n, he's twenty years older than you. He's been divorced twice, he's not exactly the man you should be with at your age."

I roll my eyes, making George laugh. I've run all this through my head at least a million times. "Yes, I know. But I've been with him long enough that I know I'm making a good decision. He treats me very well dad, trust me."

"And I believe you, George is a good man. I'm just a little surprised. I haven't even noticed."
He laughs at this. "Is George with you? I have a few things to discuss with him."