05 | F.U.C.K

^ Diego pictured above [Willow's Friend

WILLOW THOMAS

" Challenge Accepted? What the hell is that supposed to mean? " Stephanie asked over the phone.

" That's what I'm saying, I don't remember bringing up a challenge so what does that mean? " I said pacing around the room before taking a bite of my pizza.

" You did say you weren't like those other girls and say if he wants you he has to work for you. I guess that's the challenge. " Diego said.

Stephanie and I both paused and we realized, Diego is at Tiana's house and we didn't know.

" Wait a damn minute! " We both said in unison and Diego dropped the phone backing out of view.

" Tiana! What's going on between y'all? Diego is in your room this late at night?! " I asked with a smirk smile on my face while she quickly grabbed the phone.

" Fine, y'all caught us. Diego and I have been dating for about a week now, we just didn't know how to tell y'all we didn't want it to be weird. " She said.

" Girl, we already knew we were just waiting on you. " Stephanie said and we both busted out in laughter.

" Okay, we weren't good at hiding it in the first place, but anyways back to you Willow what are you going to do? " Tiana said with a laugh.

" I don't know, I just got myself into some shit. I'll have to see what's his first move at school and figure out what to do next. "

" Got it, and I'll keep an ear open if I hear anything. " Diego said.

" Thanks. Since I have y'all here, you wanna go hang out at the mall tomorrow? "

" Yes! " They said in unison.

AT SCHOOL . . .

I was at my locker fixing my hair in my mirror, when I was surprised it closed. Jamal stood there with a big grin on his face and I stood there curiously.

" So, you said I had to work for you. Right? " He asked.

I slowly nodded still not saying a word.

" Well, I had bumped back my make out session with that new hot girl in home room for 8:30 instead of 8, so that means now you have 30 minutes of Turner time. . . Starting now. "

" You know, it's not considered working for me if you're still going around being a glorified man-whore. With as many girls as you sleep with I wouldn't even trust you putting your lips on a toilet seat. Once you learn how to actually pursue a girl the correct way come find me. "

I turned walking off to hear his steps following behind me still making me stop to face him again.

" What? You still have Turner time, I need to do something before this meet up. I'll just stick with you. "

" I'm going to practice for the upcoming talent show. Come if you want I guess, but don't put them nasty hands or lips on me. I will not be treated like street booty. " I said making him chuckle and nod.

" Got it. "

We walked down the hall to the empty music room, I signed my name on the room sheet and grabbed the microphone setting it up and putting my phone on the speaker starting the instrumental.

Song — Feel Again by Jovan Perez

I've been waiting for something
Something I can't ignore
Maybe someone I've been waiting for
To bring me back to life one more time
—————
It's not over
Said it's not over
As I shattered every memory across the floor
When you left

Would grow old on a porch in the golden
You used to make me feel

I finished singing and opened my eyes to see Jamal with his jaw dropped, he started clapping for me and stood with a bright smile.

" You have the voice of an angel. "

" Oh–thank you. I don't think I'm that good though. " I said with a small grin before grabbing my phone.

" You're really incredible though, you know I sing too. "

" Yeah, I hear that's your most effective way to get into girls pants. " I said with a smirk make him look down with a smile.

" I know I know, I have a reputation but really I can sing not only for the ladies, but it calms me down when I'm stressing. Why do you sing? " He said resting against the piano.

" Well I only started singing about two years ago after someone really important to me passed. They told me I should share my talents with the world, then maybe it would get us out of this dump. " I said with a light grin, the grin fell once the memory of Malik dawned on me.

" Sorry, I shouldn't have asked. " He said.

" No, No it's fine. " I said shaking it off.

" Well this was fun, but I've got to go to make it the meetup, but maybe next time I can sing for you, or we can sing together. See you around Willow. " He said with a small grin before walking out the room leaving me to myself.

I sighed taking a seat behind the piano as my fingers slowly danced across the keys. . . I miss you so much Malik.