00. CIAO

"Have fun in the hospital, Alex?" Romain raised a mocking brow at the boy

"Have fun in the hospital, Alex?" Romain raised a mocking brow at the boy . "Oh, yes, of course I loved it." Alex muttered sarcastically with an eye roll. "Come on, I'm sick of looking at this place." Reed said bitterly, throwing an arm around Elodie who shoved him off of her.

"Where we headed to Ro?" Indigo looking over at the blond as they all went to their car. "My hometown. 'wanna see how much it changed." Romain pulled out their car keys from their sweats and opened it. "'Thought you hated that place?" Elodie asked as she opened the back door and got inside, Reed and Indigo sliding in next to her with Atlas in the front. "Eh." was the short reply that the group got as Romain pulled out of the parking lot and turned on the radio.

They were off to the wretched town that is Mystic Falls.

☕︎︎

Romain and their friends walked into what is know as the 'Mystic Grill', they had forgotten how original this town was.

Romain took a seat at the bar next to a couple who were practically eating each other's faces. Romain scrunched up their nose, they always had hated PDA. Their friends had sat at a table behind them.

A boy approached Romain. He had shaggy blond hair and blue eyes.

Romain recognized him as Matt Donovan, a boy they used to babysit when his mom was out doing things. Romain pulled out his ID and passed her across to him. Matt looked at the small card a little longer then necessary, before looking up.

Romain raised an eyebrow. "R-Romain?" Matt stumbled over his words. "That's what the card says does it not?" Romain tilted their head.

"When uh-" Matt was cut off. "How's your sister?" Romain began. Matt didn't respond just looked down sadly.

"My condolences." Romain said suddenly. "I didn't say anything." Matt frowned. "I know. Now i do believe you are a bartender, correct?" Romain completed regarded what he had said. "What'd you want?" Matt knew being persistent with Romain never worked so he'd have to ask them later.

"Tequila. Neat." Romain spoke shortly not all that interested in starting a conversation with the human.

Romain cocked their head to the side when two people sat next to them. Romain took the drink from on top of the small napkin and drowned it down, his face stoic.

"Hey, Matt." The girl who sat beside them said. They didn't exactly like being in people's privacy but they'd make an exception.

Elena Gilbert.

Oh how they loathed the bratty young girl. A doppelgänger. Romain's lips turned up slightly.

"Hey, Lena." Matt smiled. They could feel eyes on them. "This is-" Romain never did let people finish their sentences.

"No need to introduce me, Matthew." Romain turned in the bar stool albeit childishly but still. "I'm sure you remember right, Elena?" Romain smirked slightly.

"Romain..?" Elena hesitated. "Mhm. I'd say it's good to say you again but it's not, so i'll save you the lie." Romain took the napkin and began folding it up.

"Who are you?" A man with blue eyes and black hair spoke.

Damon Salvatore. Interesting.

"You know, for a vampire you seem to lack hearing." Romain continued folding up the napkin even as the doppelgänger gave them a gaping look.

Romain hummed as they finished the makeshift heart they had made with the white napkin and placed it in Damon's front leather jacket pocket.

"Lovely to be back. Think i might stay a while. Wanna see what i've missed." Romain grinned, almost excitedly at the duo.

"Ciao." Romain winked at the man who looked slightly confused and intrigued at the same time.

mia speaks!

excuse me while i simp for romain💁🏽‍♀️