~ 𝕪 𝕠 𝕦 ~

"The sky looks so close right now," he said. 

You could see the blue of the atmosphere and the white of the fluffy clouds reflected in his eyes.

Those pale, pale eyes the color of cigarette ash.

He turned his head back to you. "You know, I think I like you. A lot." he giggled softly, and your heart melted. 

"Riki?" He looked at you expectantly. "I like you too. Alot."

He giggled again and interlaced his fingers with yours, caressing the back of your hand gently.

"I like you mor–" he cut himself off with a violent cough. Red spatters stained his lips.  

"Riki," you whispered, "we need to get help. Please, Riki?" The red  was terrifying you. It was all over the place, and you couldn't stop it. 

But Riki was the complete opposite of you.

"I just want to touch the sky. Please?"He pleaded. How could you say no?

So you watched as he reached up with a trembling red-smeared hand, and closed his eyes, and you had never seen him look so happy and serene. 

All was quiet. 

His eyes flickered open, and he caught your eye.

"I think I might love you."

And his eyes fluttered shut again.

The second his hand hit the dry earth, you knew he was gone.

A choked sob slipped past your lips, and you pressed a kiss to his forehead.

Your tears washed the red from his cheeks as you sat there, crying for him.

"I love you too."