SEVEN

I was busy drawing a still life from the morning itself. Yeah I fucked up with the drawing at last, everything was going perfect but the Jug man...I threw the page away even the book from which I was drawing. My father came running towards me.

"What is this all going on?" He asked.

"Dad I got an offer" I said and showed up the card which Divendar Kamble gave me. He saw it and understood nothing.

"What is this?"

"I have to make paintings for them, and they will pay me for it"

"I thought you got an job offer" he said. I could see all his happiness turned to sadness.

"It is kind of job only Papa" I said.

"Why you threw the drawing page?" He asked.

"I am not able to do the still life" I said.

He picked up the drawing book and saw my shit 'still life'.

"Are you doing all the objects together?" He asked.

"Dad you don't know anything about drawing" I said.

"Just do one object on a page and then see" he said and left the room.

I thought at the idea for a second.

"Okay, as if I make such bad things why not try this idea" I said to myself. I started to make one object at a time from Jug to the small cloth hanging through it and then on other page the banana in a palte. Then on other other object. Like this I went one after other. To my surprise everything came perfect. I took the drawing book in the bag changed my dress and came out of the room I saw my father sitting on a sofa and reading news paper. I went and hugged him.

"What happened beta?" He said and kept the newspaper aside.

"Thanks for that suggestion dad" I said.

The 'The Great painting' house was bigger than I expected, as I entered it I saw one of security guard asking money to enter the house. I showed him the card he let me in. The house looked like a museum all dark red, the lighting and all gave it a vintage feel, many of the drawing hanged on the wall and in between was a really beautiful painting made by an Indian artist named 'Ali khan'. It was about how people have distracted themselves from the real world and have entered their phone world. People just staring at their phone. It was of 2000 bucks. Divendar saw me, he was looking at other paintings.

"Welcome, I think the painting made by you can also be posted here" he said and came towards me. I thought how could my painting be there in between.
He took me to his cabin, it had a big black color chair with wheels and two chairs on other side a big brown color desk which was so clean that the reflection was coming, there was a painting above him with his family. He sat on his chair.

"Straight to the point, if we like your paintings so we will showcase it here and if someone buys it 70% of royalty will be given to you" he said. He looked so royal with that black suit and his hairs set really properly and the rings on his hands made him look more royal.

"Sir I have made this still life have a look" I said and took out the drawing pages from my bag and gave it to him.
He looked at it one by one.

"Still life, one by one? It should be together" he said.
A flicker of fear arose in me. Did my first impression was bad?

"But they are so perfect, I would like you to make one painting on nature, one on some social message and one portrait of a actress" he said.

"How much will I be paid?"

"Near about 1000 to 2000 per painting" he said.

"Okay, that's good, till when you want this all?" I asked.

"Till next week if possible" he said.

"Yes sir I will try my best" I said.

He smiled and nodded.

I tried to call Ziya as I came out of the house, but she was not picking up. I messaged her.

Me:Ziya are you busy?I have got a really good news

She didn't see the message, not even a double tick came on the message. What the hell was going on. I needed to share this with her.
I tried to call her for more two times but she didn't pick it up. I went to my house and told them about my success. They felt happy about me. Even father decided to arrange a party tonight.

"I don't only want to have a family party, can we please have some dance number this time" my cousin sister said.