3to recipe.

History behind 3to.

3to is a local Ghanaian meal made with yam, cocoyam or plantain which is common in this food preparation, mashed and mixed with red oil. 3to is enjoyed by most Ghanaians specifically Ashanti's. The meal is served with mostly eggs, groundnuts or pear.
Aside from the fact that 3to is a regular meal in Ghana,in the Ghanaians settings,3to holds a whole lot of traditional significance. During festivals most ethnic groups in Ghana thier gods with it. When a girl child attains puberty, she is served with 3to and boiled eggs by the queen mother.

Ingredients.
Plantain,cocoyam or yam.
Palm oil.
Salt.
Ground nut.
Pear.
Pepper.
Onion.
Garden egg.

Preparation.
1. Gently peel your plantain , cocoyam or yam and wash thoroughly.
2. Boil your plantain and garden egg and add reasonable amount of salt.
3. Allow plantain, cocoyam or yam to boil for 20 to 30 minutes , take it from the fire and sieve it.
4. Gently peel your onion and grand with pepper in an earthenware.
5. After the pepper is well grand,add the groundnut and grand as well.
6. Boil the eggs from 10 to 15 minutes.
7. Mash the boiled plantain, cocoyam or yam together with the grind pepper, onion and ground nut.
8. Boil palm oil and add onoin for 3 minutes.
9. Pour the palm oil in the mash plantain, cocoyam or yam.
10. Add pear, grondnuts and garden egg to suite your taste.