~freakzone~

I take a deep breath and peel a few loose pieces of skin from my finger in a poor attempt to calm my nerves.

The building is large but worn down and slightly tacky, just above the door there is a large sign that reads "freakzone" It's written in large gold letters and the paint is pealing slightly.

I exhale loudly and step forward reluctantly, opening the door.

The smell of cigarettes and liquor immediately fills my nostrils as I examine my surroundings, there are leather booths scattered all around the large dim lit club and most of the chairs are occupied by drunk middle aged men, some of which have dancers on their laps. The waitresses are all dressed in pink crop tops and mini skirts with the name of the club sewn into them and in front of me is a large glass platform. Six girls of all different shapes, sizes and races are all dancing seductively on the poles.

Sucking in a shaky breath, I pull out my very cracked Nokia phone from my hoodie pocket and check the email I received yesterday from my new boss. I scan the paragraph for directions of where to go when I arrive.

I followed the instructions written in the email and managed to make it to the changing room with only a few whistles and crude comments thrown at me by the customers.

I reached into my phone case and pulled out the laminated pass that he gave me to access the changing room and backstage area.

Swiping my pass, I step through the door and push it shut behind me.

The room is rather big, bigger than I expected. There are around twelve chairs lined up opposite a long desk with tons of make-up and hair supplies on it, god I didn't even know this much makeup existed. At the back of the room there are 4 small cubicals, bathrooms I assume.

3 girls are sitting in the chairs fixing their already perfect appearances in the mirror. One of the girls, who I'd say appears to be in her late twenties , notices my presence and places her hair straightener on the table, her face lights up with a big smile.

Wow she is truly stunning, she has shoulder length, silky black hair, freckles scattered perfectly across her tan face and icy blue eyes. I suddenly feel slightly uncomfortable in my skin, i'm no where near as pretty as these girls.

She runs over to me and pulls me into an extremely tight hug, shaking me slightly and squealing with excitement.

"Wow you really are gorgeous," She releases me from the embrace and takes a small step back, "You must be Angela! I'm Kristyn"

By this point the other girls have noticed me and are staring intently at me like I'm the first person they've seen in years.

"It's nice to meet you! your so pretty too," I chuckle anxiously, " like crazy pretty I mean Im intimated... b-by your prettiness I mean. I don't think you look- "

She giggles slightly and places her perfectly manicured pointer finger on my lips to stop my rambling. "You're fine darl"

She turns us us to face the other girls, her gentle hand rests on my back " girls, this is Angela," she turns to face me, " oh sorry hun I forgot to ask, u got a nickname?"

"Oh yeah, it's Angie" I smile nervously at the other girls.

"Angie, this is Leah," she gestures towards a brunette girl around my age, she waves at me excitedly "then that's Andrea " she points to a short blonde girl with a friendly smile on her face, one that doesn't seem to reach her eyes.

"It's nice to meet you both"

"It's nice to meet you too!" Leah beams.

"Yeah, welcome to hell" Andrea adds.

Leah shoots her a scolding glance and Andrea rolls her eyes, sinking back into her chair.

"Don't listen to her Angie, shes just upset because shes getting a pay cut" Leah smiles comfortingly

"When's your first dance?" Kristyn questions, pulling me gently into the chair next to hers.

I pick up my worn down phone and check the time "um... fourty minutes"

Out of the corner of my eye I notice Andrea shooting a disgusted look at my phone and I place it back in my pocket, suddenly feeling judged.

The girls nod and then decend into conversations of their own. I pick up the concealer and begin on my makeup, zoning out from the rest of the world.

***

The dancers that were previously on stage walk in, chattering and giggling. One of the girls comes over and taps me on the shoulder as I apply some finishing touches to my makeup.

"Angela, right?" She smiles.

"That's me, you can call me Angie though."

"Nice to meet you Angie, I'm Devi. You're up in 10 so you should probably change into your costume. Yours is the green one," she nods towards the hangers, "You can change in one of the bathrooms or just out here, none of us mind."

"Thanks, Devi" I grin, everyone's so much nicer than I expected.

I grab my 'costume' and head into one of the cubicals, I take the lingerie out from its green cover.

The so called "costume" consists of a shimmery green thong made from swimming costume material, a matching green 'bra' you can't even really call it a bra considering its just a piece of elastic covered with green material and two pieces of material that barely my nipples and to top it all off a pair of black fishnet stockings.

Fuck I can't wear this, I was uncomfortable walking past all those men in the outfit I came in and now I have to wear practically nothing in front of them? What did I expect I suppose...

I run my hand across my face, sucking in a shaky breath. For Layla.

After a few minutes I step out of the cubical with near to no rips in my stockings, an achievement. As uncomfortable as I am I have to admit, I look pretty good. People always say that green is a good Colour on me, that it brings out my eyes, and I actually agree.

"Damn Angie, you're hot as fuck" Kristyn exclaims, fanning herself melodramatically with her hand.

"Thanks you" I blush.

"Kristy's right, you're really pretty" Leah smiles.

I beam back at her "yeah well you two are gorgeous"

Next up we have the sexy and sensual... Angela!

I exhale anxiously, I guess that's my queue...
I kinda thought I'd get a cool stripper name, like Princess, or diamond something like that but whatever.

"Wish me luck" I smile, running through my routine one last time as I strut onto the stage.

Ah, hi guys. I hope u enjoyed the first couple chapters! I'm super excited about this book, I've got like a million just sitting in my drafts but i feel like this one's different idk.

Also I've never been to a strip club so honestly I'm just going off what I see on striptok, which I some how ended up on, it might be super inaccurate.

until next time my loves. <3