chapter one. hellhounds

My back was pressed firmly against the wall as the taller of the two shielded and protecting me, as the other did what he needed to kill that thing. I could hear him getting thrown around struggling but my face was buried in my hands. I felt the one of the two pull me closer I almost flinched until I heard his soft yet firm voice telling me it was all okay. I felt dizzy.

The whole world was spinning. Monsters. They were real. And this thing. What did they call it? A hellhound? I was out of it until I felt the taller one pick me up. He must have thought I passed out. He carried me out to their car and set me down in the back. I kept still with my eyes closed. It gave me the opportunity to clear my head for a moment

"Are they okay?" one spoke from the driver's seat

"yeah dean. We should take them to a hospital though they look pretty beat up" the other replied

Dean. I'll have to remember that

"yeah yeah"

The car ride was mostly silent until one of the two, I think it was dean, spoke up again

"hey Sam. Why do you think that hellhound went after them?"

Finally, I have both of their names. Sam and dean

"It was a hellhound Dean. I mean they are monsters. They only come around to collect on deals people made on their souls?"

Dean hummed he didn't sound very satisfied with that response

I was getting too frustrated trying to say still. So, I pretended like I was just starting to wake up again. I shifted a little bit in my seat before blinking my eyes open and looking around. Their car was nice. It was well taken care off except for the occasional carving or scratch.

The bigger of the two, Sam, I believe turned back in his seat in the front to look back me.

"you okay?" he asked me with slight concern on his face. Dean only gave me a glance there his mirror silently.

I glanced around a little bit before nodding my head. Sam smiled a little bit

"I'm Sam this is my brother Dean. Were hunters"

Brother. That makes a lot more sense

I nodded again locking eyes with dean for a moment in the rear-view mirror. His eyes told a story even if I didn't know what it was. But beyond that he looks like he was watching for my reaction

"that thing back there that was a hellhound. We hunt those and many things like it. We are taking you to the hospital right now. Do you have anyone you can call to pick you up from there?"

"Sam Dean!"

I didn't have time to reply when suddenly there was a third man in the car. He just kind of appeared there. Out of pure instinct and fear I whipped his way and punched him. He didn't react but my knuckles hurt like I had punched a brick wall.

"uhm sorry...-" Sam paused for a moment "this is Castiel. He's an angel"

My eyes went wide. I swallowed the lump in my throat. I opened my mouth to speak but he, Castiel, stopped me by simply raising his hand.

"no need to apologies. May I?"

He raised two fingers towards my head. I glanced over at Sam and he nodded softly to tell me it was alright. I took a soft breath and nodded. He pressed his two raised fingers to my forehead. In the matter of seconds all my wounds and scrapes were gone. I was good as knew.

I looked at him again and swallowed hard and tried to open my mouth to speak. This time Sam cut me off

These guys and cutting people off