Chapter 1

Tommyinnit's pov

Okay, let me be honest, this artist's art is BOMB AF. I have been requesting art for years now and well, today I was gonna ask for another commission yet again but this time, there was a catch, I needed them to portray our personalities the best they could on their painting but they couldn't really watch our videos since, well, I was using an alt to ask for the commission, and god knows that they could be an INSANE fan or something.

Tommy; yo dream.

Tommy; yo dream

Tommy;yo dream

Dream: what?

Tommy; can I invite someone? It's about the commission we were talking about.

Wilbur; wHat?

George: yeah what?

Dream: sure idc.

Tommy; AYYY!!!

I chuckled before actually texting the artist, they never specified their gender nor pronouns or their face. A response popped up on the screen and I immediately opened it, it was obviously on Instagram.

@I_have_problems_w_simping: sure! You'd like a A1 format as usual or do you want a normal canvas? The canvas is able to hold the paint for a much longer time but it'll be expensive. And you mentioned joining a server? I assume discord?

Damn, even after ears of asking for commissions I could never get used to that. I sighed and nodded at myself before typing up another response and they sent back a quick 'okay <3' before they asked for the link and I sent it.

[Y/n]'s pov

I clicked on the link absentmindedly before joining the server, my very aesthetic profile (which consisted of my art as my pfp) immediately making me smile in pride and before I knew it a shit ton of people started casually talking while someone called Tommy told me ;

Tommy; yo, simp, watch our personalities so ya can paint better.

Before I read anything else I watched the chat get mad with spams and 'simps' and stuff like that. I soon saw the same Tommy person keep telling people to join vc2..? I wasn't exactly sure if I was expected but I joined, muting myself before going further into the room and listened to their bickering. I was just preparing my supplies and sketching out the already planned lay out, soon enough grabbing paint bottles but quickly realizing they never gave me any specifics and therefore I walked back to the computer and shot a quick

Wee slav(the nickname they decided to call you): what colors?

Gogy: what what?

Dream :  ask Tommy, he's the one who asked anyway.

Tommy: WHAT? NO!

and they began bickering in the vc again before I got a DM from someone called 'technoblade' with the color schemes, listing them all. I was pretty sure he was the one that Tommy told me was 'blood god'? I wasn't entirely sure at this point. I yawned and started with the base colors of the skin, clothes and background. The background took much more time than the other part of the painting. I was using variety of Colors and different types of paints to create texture, depth and shadows. Honestly their words were drowned out until I heard my name or well 'wee slav' (note; you are canonically from any slavic country and speak all slavic languages). I turned my head and walked over to the computer, clicking on the keyboard and replying since I didn't feel like using my voice. 'Ya?' And then it started, the begging for my voice, the truth or dare tempting, the flirting. It seemed as if they were desperate to get me off their backs and go back to their settings.

Little did I know, most of them were streaming and got dared to, the moment Tommy mentioned me. I sighed and just looked at them, although they couldn't really see me. I wasn't gonna give in and talk but what I could do was, play a few rounds of truth or dare, then hell began once again. I only really answered the truths I felt comfortable with, unlike some which were like. Idk, who I was crushing on and stuff.

I sighed and looked behind me to look at the painting and realized I wasted.. 3 HOURS??? Of truth or dare on this.

Wee slav: gtg. Sleep n shit. And the painting will be done in maybe a week. Solid $250. Or whatever other currency ya use, idc.

The fact that I was tired was visible in my way of texting. I stretched and left the call, turning my pc off before I looked behind me, my studio was plain, Just how I liked it. I had my computer on one side, the chair and that was all. The rest of the room was completely empty. I liked it, I could always pain without worrying. I exited the dark room before switching on the hallway lights and walking down the stairs. My studio was In the attic, the walls completely white and the floors wooden. I usually put isolating foam so there was no echo when I would (sometime) stream my art being made, edited or anything really, or just small chatting streams with max 10 people each time.

I walked down the stairs and then switched off the lights from upstairs and walked into my room, which was under the twirling stairs. I walked to my bed, taking off my clothes I used for painting and then the underneath layer, soon just flipping backwards onto the bed and curling up under the blankets. I was out immediately, I mean, literally, I was too tired.

Tommyinnit's pov

I chuckled when their, most probably irritated text, sent. I checked the price again and sent it on paypal, labeling it "commission <3", this was kind of an inside joke, the <3. I was once so tired that instead of me sending a 'fuck you <3' to dream and his team I sent it to the poor artistic kid. I looked at the clock. 11 pm, Thursday night, should probably head to bed. " YO I'M LOGGING OFF, SCHOOL SUCKS" I then left the call and went to sleep, as always. I always wondered how old the artist was. By his hands (judging from some of his Instagram posts) he seemed young, maybe 15 -17? (You're canonically 23 in this story but act like a child sometimes). I groaned before my neck popped but I paid it no mind. I turned off my light and laid down on my bed, sleeping. Me and the artist were pretty comfortable with each other. Them and the rest of my dudes seemed to get a little too close, it seemed to me as if the artist was actually scared at how all of them flirted.

_______________________
1120 words! Woohoo! I'm very happy I, at the very least, got to the 1k point for the first chapter here. - dream ✨