Seventeen years old, she had not the worst life, but honestly, if it was written down, some- most- would say that it could be better. She spent most of her time in the treehouse she had built herself that her parents had never known about. You may ask how or why they didnt know, but the answer will soon become clear.

The girl had half purple, half green hair. A fairly dark sense of style, yet it was also quite revealing. Fishnets, croptops, you name it. Anything society labeled as 'slutty' she wore. Not because she had confidence though, that part- she wasn't quite sure why.

One day she had just finished getting ready as her mother stormed in her room. "How many times have I told you to how I feel about that kind of clothing?" Her mother remarks as she sees what her daughter was wearing.

"How many times have I told you that I respect your opinion, but frankly, I don't care." She said.

Her mother sighed and decided to ignore it for now. She walked toward her daughter and grabbed a brush, brushing out her hair ever so gently.

Somehow she had known where this was going, but she enjoyed the small moments when her mother was nice to her.

Her mother smiled and started twisted three small pieces of her hair to make a braid. Half up, half down. "You're hair is so thick and beautiful, I wish mine was like that." Her mother said in a sweet, soft tone.

"You say that everytime you do my hair mother." She said.

"I know." Her mother said. She paused for a moment.

"What is it?" She asked, knowing full well what she was going to ask and where the gentle tone would go.

"I need a little bit of money." Her mother finally spat out.

"Mother.."

"I'll give it back this time, I promise." Her mother said, her tone getting shakey, yet still somehow a little gentle.

"Mother you say that everytime I give you money, but I have yet to see even a penny of it." She said, trying to have a normal conversation with her mother.

"So you think I'm just going to steal your money?" Her mother asked, her tone now getting angry.

At those words, she quickly turned around and looked her mother in the eyes "I have never ever said that but So far you owe me over two years of paychecks mother and I haven't seen a single penny so maybe I'm not in the wrong for not wanting to give you money!" She said, her voice not shouting, but her emotions on high.

"So I'm just a terrible mother now is that what you're saying?" Her mother now screaming at the top of her lungs.

She flinched and stepped away from her mother. Her voice began to break as she could no longer make eye contact with her own mother. "I think I'm just gonna go away for a few days.."

"Midnight, you can't, what about your medicine!" Her mother shouted, using her disability as an excuse for everything as usual.

"I'll take it with me. It's not like you pay for it anyway." Midnight scoffed a bit under her breath as she stuffed a backpack with her medication and a couple other things she wished to take with her.

Her mother gasped. Her face red with anger. "Eleanor Midnight Rose!" She roared.

Midnight rolled her eyes as she walked passed her mother "I love you" she said before closing the door behind her.