Fate Walked

I know that it's been a while since I've last written, but I still remember it like yesterday. You know when you meet someone and as time passes, conversation begins. Sometimes it takes years for the kind of connection you create. and then sometimes it's automatic..it's natural as though the two of you might have known each other for years. And that's how it was. I felt as if I could make an extremely outlandish joke, and this person would understand. It's no wonder that I fell in love so soon. Though my head might have denied it at the time, I wanted that feeling to stay with me a long time. Unfortunately it hadn't lasted as long as might have wanted. My then, cheating yet somehow jealous wife sensed the chemistry and stepped in. I was set right in terms of what I needed to remember. Who I was inside. I was never the kind of man to cheat on someone that I cared for..as much as there were temptations, I can't imagine anything worse than that betrayal. Especially since I already knew about her affair with my best friend. I just wanted to be the dad I never got to the baby she was carrying.
Besides..I believed this other woman was taken. Little did I know that she was feeling as lost in love as I was; that something more was speaking between us.

Some time had passed since then. I cut my losses and found the truth that I unfortunately tried so hard to avoid. But eventually we met again and it was at a party with the club. We were having fun, playing party games. We hit it off and had a night of passion in my bunk; after so long of feeling like the one that was left behind..it was good to be wanted like that again. It excited me.