Moving On

The warmth of my bed coddled me as I try not to get out of the limbo of sleep and awakness. The sun shining in my face I knew my alarm would set off soon, I leaned up groggy and tired looking at my alarm it was 7:08 A.M. I swing my legs off the side exposing them to my cold room. It was cold and solem in the house almost like a light winter had formed in my home, I leaned over to turn my alarm off before it could disturb the silence of the house. I quickly got up to prvent myself from retreating back to the comfort of my own bed, I stand on the hardwood floors and begin to shuffle to the bathroom as I walk the floors creaked surely waking up someone.

I get to the bathroom and flick the light on blinding myself in the process I let out a upset groan. Once my eyes adjust I grab a light purple towel and set it down on my bathroom vanity I look up from my vanity and look in the large illuminated mirror. I look at my face picking at acne and my open pours I scrunch my face up in disgust and irritation for how I let it get this bad. I spin over to my shower and reluctantly turn it on, after it was on I undress while I let it warm up and hop in the shower after checking the temperature.

After showering I got dressed in a casual outfit I felt no need to make my existence known, why would I it would only cause more problems then it's worth if I did. After dressing I head back to the bathroom now that it's not so humid and style my hair, I grabbed my favorite hair products and got to work styling my hair quickly. I took way to long showering and I'm running behind schedule. I start heading downstairs and reached the cool kitchen I slide on the floor careful to not wake up my mom and dad.

I open the fridge and pull out my favorite everything bagels and pop them in the toaster. While I wait turning over to the fridge I spot my favorite caffeinated drink and promptly open it taking a big swig of it. I close the fridge and while I wait for my bagel I start putting my favorite shoes on, mid way while I put my shoes on the toaster jumped up with a light dink scaring the shit out of me. I finish putting my shoes on grab my bagel and put chive and onion cream cheese on it. I slide it across the island to the side with bar stools on it, I glide over and sit down inhaling my bagel and drink.

Afterwards I rush upstairs to brush my teeth, barging into my room I hear my mom yell something from downstairs but it's mumbled so I can't hear what she's saying but I realized while stomping around I must've woken her up. I walk more lightly as I go to my bathroom and brush my teeth scrubbing so much my gums start bleeding. I rinse my mouth and close my bedroom door as I ascend down towards the frount door. Once I reached the entrance I grabbed my bag laying on the floor from when I came home two weeks ago at my last school.

It sat exactly as I remembered when I came home. I was so upset and mad coming home tears welling in my eyes, shoving my way in the entrance I threw it harshly onto the floor. Mom screaming at me while she came inside, she was so disappointed in me. But through all that I could feel she was equally sad and stressed as I was the way she held me and told me she was sorry; when she saw my red face dripping with tears.

I shy away from the memory and walk onto my porch it was as cold outside as it was in. I grabbed a green zip up on the coat hanger and walk back out closing the door behind me. It was 8:02 A.M. when I got into my old beat up car. I have my school permit that's the only reason I'm even allowed to touch this thing. I slide into the car and immediately turn on the heat as I turned on the car. I sit in the car for a moment before backing out of the driveway, me and dad practiced driving to and from school all weekend so i know where I'm going.

I begin down my street and go on from there. I turn up the radio to hear the weather for today, it's going to br showering today with low temperatures. I roll my eyes at the thought and turned down the radio. I continue down the road as I watch clouds roll in from the south, I don't like driving in the rain and I don't want to have to drive in that after school. I eventually pulled into the school parking lot 26 minutes before the school opens. I parked in an empty spot and wait for the doors to open.