I'm a fool.

Erica walked me around the school showing me the lunch rooms, the fastest way to get to each room, and told me the best thing to order at lunch. When she finally finished her tour I was out of breath and just needed to sit down, she noticed my desperation for breath and slowed down. "Hey let's go to the lunch room I have some place I think you deserve to see." She says grabbing my hand lightly, "Oh yeah- um of course" you sputter out as you walk through the empty halls. You wonder where you're going she seemed to soften up when she mentioned this "special place".

You and Erica arrived to a vending machine at the end of the lunch hall."what is this place?" You ask as she lets go of your hand, she gets flustered and says "well.. I come here to get my mind off of anything that's bothering me... I don't know why I'm telling you this but it's comforting to me and maybe someday it could help you." She says defensive. You decide to open up to her I mean why not she opened up about something so personal to her why not reciprocate. "Yeah thanks there's been some stuff at home you know? And this could help me feel a lot better..", she turns over to you with a smile "yeah of course.". The pair of you sit in silence for a moment enjoying one another's company before it was broken apart by the light chime of a bell. People start filling the halls and it drowns the sweet moment shared. She shakes out of her soft state and says "let's get you to uh" she looks at your schedule "biology... Let's get you to biology!", She walks away expecting you to follow behind as you follow you look around for anything to be familiar by. But all you can think about is the vending machine and how sweet she got that wasn't something expected and it made you honestly flattered that she would react like that.

The pair of you arrive to the room early, maybe that's why she was rushing? You shrug as she walks up to the teacher and says something you declined to pay attention to. Erica walked out of the room and the teacher approached you, "Hello Y/N" he extended his hand out to shake yours. You take it with a term grasp. "You'll be sitting in the middle very back row. Your seating partner will be here just sit down in the seat to the left." He says pointing towards the seat. "Thank you sir" you say fastly walking over to the seat.

People start to flood into the classroom. You glance at everyone who enters seeing if you can recognize them. Finally the classroom was almost filled and you quit paying attention, class was about to start and you just wanted to go home finally. You questioned if you could pull off faking sick, "OH Y/N!!" you hear a familiar voice yell. You quickly look up and smile it's Rory,
You notice the class start to look at you and you feel the embarrassment grow on your face. He happens to sit in the row next to you that brings you to ease knowing that you have at least someone you know in this class. "So how's your day been" he leans over towards you "uhh.. good, I met Erica or I think I did.." you say genuinely. "Oh yeah well she's not hard to miss.. one in a million you could say" he giggles, you decide to joke a bit "oh looks like I've found your weak spot.". "What Erica? No!" He says laughing, "oh alright.." you trail.

You notice Ethan rush in arguing with a slightly taller brown haired boy. " No the new scream movie made no sense to the plot at all! Why have it be someone from the second movie? Who by the way was supposed to be dead!" He taller guy says, "well I thought it was decent plot and you're just upset because you thought billy was going to come back." Ethan says sitting down. "Well yeah they hyped up the idea so much ESPECIALLY in scream 2 why wouldn't they?" The tall guy whined, "dude just go sit down we can talk about it at lunch" Ethan sighed. He comes over towards me. He begins "Hi, uh who are you?" He pauses "and why are you in my seat?", You quickly look up at him to answer his question "oh I'm Y/N and I just moved here today is my first day.", His face smiled and you felt at ease "I was wondering why Rory was in Ethan's seat me and him usually sit by each other." You finally put the pieces together in your head realizing that's Benny. you say  with a smile"Oh so you're Benny! I've heard about you from Rory, Ethan, and Erica.", His face twists with shock and he sits there blankly "They talk about me?" He finally says. You turn over to see Rory and Ethan filled with second hand embarrassment, at this point you feel the blood rush to your face and you immediately shut up and look down. "OH no I just think it's cool, you know that they're trying to introduce you to new people that's really nice of them" he quickly says sitting down next to you. "Um yeah" you mutter out looking forward at the teacher, almost on cue your teacher spins around in his desk chair saying "alright folks, time to shut up and do so bio! Or for the duller crayons of the group biology" the class bursts out in laughter but you can't help but feel it's you they're laughing at...