Day Two

Day 2

The morning light woke me. The cold was the first sensation I felt. I reached blindly around for the blankets then sat up groggily when I couldn't find them. I looked around and then on the floor to see them balled up. I decided to just get up since I was basically awake. I grabbed my glasses case off the dresser and put my glasses on. I then quickly threw on some sweats and my hoodie before darting to the bathroom. It was insanely quiet. After washing my hands I walked down the hall to Jasper's room. The door was left wide open but there was no sign of her.

"Huh..." I then walked to the living room. And then the kitchen. "The hell?"
I walked past the dining room and saw a note. It said;

Going out on a run. I made you breakfast. It's in the microwave. There is coffee, tea, or orange juice if you like. Don't forget to drink water.

"Heh... she still runs every morning..." I mumbled to myself before going to the kitchen and grabbing the plate out of the microwave. She had already cleaned up. Why did she have a cleaning lady if she cleaned up regularly? I took the plastic lid off of the plate. I definitely have to invest in those. She had made me a sausage breakfast sandwich on an English muffin. I smiled at the gesture before grabbing a bottle of water and headed to the dining room. I ate quietly without fear of doing it wrong. I then washed my dish when I was done and went back to my room. I pulled the black notebook out, curious to learn more. I found the page I started on and flipped over to the next one. This one read:

Okay can we talk about this girl's calf muscles?

"Ugh please don't..." I begged.

Like real talk she just raced me downhill and back up. I beat her down but I'm pretty sure she could have lapped me going back up. I damn near passed out. Her mom had me drink a bunch of water after I puked my brains out. I guess altitude sickness is a real thing.

"Crap... I should grab another bottle," I thought to myself.

Today was kind of weird. It was weird because Jasper's parents were gone most of the day. Like where is there to go? Jasper did take me down to the lake though. It was beautiful. We sat on the dock and I watched as she threw bread crumbs to the ducks. This girl is absolutely gorgeous and I've never heard a laugh as cute as hers.

I thought about Jasper feeding the ducks. I thought about how innocent of a gesture it was and imagined her laughing as the ducks fought over the bread and before I knew it, I was smiling.
"What are you smiling about?" Jasper's voice cut through the silence.
I looked up startled, slamming the book shut.
"Nothing-" I lied. She stood in the doorway in short running shorts and her sports bra. Her hair was tied back in a messy bun and her skin was covered in sweat that shimmered in the sunlight. Shit. She was absolutely gorgeous. Like wtf.

"I haven't seen you wear glasses since you were like ten." she noted.
Damn. I forgot I was even wearing them.
"Thought I'd give my eyes a break from the contacts," I lied again.
A wide grin stretched across her face. "You're cute with them on." she said before smacking the door frame and walking off. I flushed instantly.
"I'm going to shower, yell if you need anything," she called out before closing the door behind her.
I took my glasses off, grabbed my contacts and put them on. I smiled once again thinking of Jasper's grin. She really did have a beautiful smile.

I decided I was going to get dressed and shower later tonight. I threw on some jeans and my alien graphic tee. I looked at myself in the mirror and groaned and decided to go for a more girly look. I swapped out my tee for my sleeveless ruffled shirt and a cardigan. I then put the notebook back before going out to the living room.

I took a look around. I looked at all of the family photos that were hanging on the wall. Jasper was an adorable child but one picture in particular caught my eye. I pulled out my phone and took a picture of little Amethyst in pigtails. I snickered as I shoved my phone back in my pocket.
"Hey kid-"
"Please for the love of God stop calling me that!" I snapped looking over at Jasper who was now dressed in khaki shorts and a orange cream polo.
"I didn't realize that it upset you. I apologize..."
"Wait I'm sorry... I shouldn't have snapped." I said regrettably.
"What are you wearing?" she asked, looking me up and down.
"Clothes?"
She walked up to me and grabbed the ruffles on my shirt. "You don't wear stuff like this..." she accused.
I blushed, smacking her hand away. "It's mine, I own it so I obviously do..."
Her brows furrowed but she didn't press the subject more. She did, however, click her tongue before walking off to the kitchen. I sighed before taking a seat on the couch. Apparently I was determined to ruin this trip. Honestly though... what did Lapis see in her? I mean... yeah she's physically attractive I guess and... heh... has outstanding talents in other areas but she's stuck up, stubborn and annoying. She lacks basic decency when it comes to how she treats others...
"Wanna take a walk today?" Jasper asked, coming back into the living room with what looked like a smoothie.
"Sure I guess... what's that?" I asked, pointing at her beverage.
"Protein shake," she said, sitting down next to me.
"Heh..."
"Not a fan of protein shakes?" She teased. I blushed. Ugh what was her deal? I literally just wanted sex from her and then for her to leave me the hell alone. I mean... that's how it's been. Wham bam thank you ma'am.
"No... I don't really like them..." I admitted. She shrugged taking a drink of hers.
"Why do you run so much?" I asked, trying to keep the conversation going.
"I don't" she stated simply.
Pfft. I guess that's the end of the conversation. I rolled my eyes.
"Why do you play so many video games?" She followed up after a moment of silence.
Perfect, maybe I could drop her a hint. The space between my legs was aching.
"Makes me good with my hands." I said in a low tone, sliding my hand up her leg.
"Pfft" she covered her mouth trying not to choke on her drink. "What the fuck?" She cried laughing.
"Ugh Jasper seriously! What the fuck was the point of this trip?!" I asked, clearly annoyed.
"To enjoy ourselves? What do people usually go on trips for?" She chuckled, unphased by my attitude. 
"Well I'm trying to enjoy myself... why don't you help a sister out?!" I tried to drop another hint.
"Yeah sure, we can leave now if you want." She said standing up with her drink.
I mumbled something unintelligible under my breath. "Fine..."