Chapter 4

Emma's P. O. V:

The next morning, I enter the stables while wearing a short sleeved blue shirt and matching jumper and jodhpurs, and a set of blue jewellery, apple lip gloss on my lips.

I heard Jade and Becky saying something about going to the pier to get money for Pony Camp tickets while I go to Ariel's stall, next to Bob's, and Caspian's next to hers

I smile at the palomino mare as I enter and check on her. She still seems alright.

"How is she settling in?" I look to use Pin at the door.

"Great. Ariel is in pretty good condition. The foal will be alright."

"That's good," Says Pin before he pats Caspian. Near Monty's stall is Spirit. His ears would lie back and he'd try to bite anyone who passes him.

"Sam's asked me to check how the new arrivals are with riding," I tell Pin, patting the mare's neck as I turn to the door.

"Good luck. I've got to go paint some jumps in the arena and tell Zoe Sam wants to give her a lesson on Major," Pin replies. Once I'd locked the door behind me, I kiss Pin's cheek and he goes to get the equipment while I head to the tack room for my tack.

I started with Coconut. He's quite energetic but he's still great to ride. Garnet is a fantastic listener and a great jumper. I tried riding Knight as well, and that horse is like a dream to ride. Literally.

I couldn't ride Ariel for obvious reasons, so I went to tack up Spirit. He's come close to biting me twice. I wonder what's up with him?

I take Spirit around the arena. He wants to take off but I keep a short rein to make Spirit listen to me. After half an hour, he starts to flick his ears back and forth. After warming him up, I take Spirit over some low and high verticals and cross poles. We knock a couple but he's also a great jumper.

I take the buckskin around a few more times just to help burn off some of that energy, before I dismount and take him to get rubbed down in his stall. All the horses had gotten washed before being let in the paddock.