The Drop

TW: Angst, Self Harm, Suicide, Depression.

 ~~Third POV~~

  It was a fallout. 

  Gossip magazines flying, curses being shouted, voices breaking. There had been multiple little quarrels like this before, but none like this. It was a shouting match, and it was terrifying George half to death.

~~Lucy's POV~~

  "Anthony, I just don't underst-" I began, only to be cut off. "YOU DON'T NEED TO UNDERSTAND ANYTHING, LUCY!!" He was full on screaming, and it scared me. This continued for a multitude of minutes, until I tried to resolve the situation "Look, Anthony, I don't understand why you are making this decision," I said, becoming angry about his decision. This decision, you ask? He decided that he was going to temporarily fire me until I could 'stop being so dangerous'. 

"AND I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY YOU ARE STILL MY GIRLFRIEND!" He screamed. 

I was shocked. I didn't know how to feel. I began to back up, but hit the coffee table and fell over. I felt the tears beginning to well over, and I thrust myself up and to my room, knowing what I was going to do. I ran up the corridor, and up the flights of stairs. I heard rushed footsteps, of which I presumed to be Lockwood's. 

   I ran straight into my room, and locked the door. I began searching my desk and dresser. "Where is it??" I muttered. "Ah." I had, at long last, found the object I was looking for. A letter opener. 

    A few hours later, I had cut until there was no more pain to cut away. Being, I had passed out. I had woken up a few hours later, bawling my eyes out. I had had a dream about him, us on our wedding day. Him in his little-too-tight suit, and me in my flowy, white dress. I was his fiance, after all. "Not for much longer," I thought.

   I was alone. Holly was on vacation in Palma, George would side with Lockwood, and Lockwood hated me. I knew what I was to do.

  I was headed for the bridge.

   I ran out of my room, threw on my coat, and slammed the front door. In the previous five minutes, I had written a letter. 

~~Flashback~~ 

 Still sobbing, I wrote the letter. It went as follows. 

   Dear all whom it may concern;

     I can't go on like this anymore. My family hates me, my friends hate me, and my Fiance hates me. I loved you all dearly, you were Brothers and Sisters to me, maybe even more. I apologize profusely, I hope to see you all in another life.

 Love,

Lucy J. Carlyle.

~~Lucy's POV~~

    I tore away from 35 Portland Row, and away from Marylebone. I ran for the bridge. I was blinded by tears. When I opened my eyes once again, I was there. Without thinking, I hoisted myself up and over the guard railing. As if a millisecond before I fell, I heard a small voice: "Lu-" 

   And then I fell.

   As if things couldn't have gotten any worse, I saw Flo in her tent under the stars as I fell. I hit the water with a splash, and started to float up. "Damnit," I thought.

  And then I hit the rock.