𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵.

𝘯𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘰𝘳

ponyboy couldn't move on from what he had done to y/n, of course with the older brother he lives with, he had to pretend the past was put behind him and that nothing had ever happened. meanwhile, y/n tried to put up the perfect life in and out of school, every sunday mass would make her the "golden child" of tulsa where she'd smile bright and give everyone the friendly wave.

y/n may have the outer miss bright side of herself, but behind closed doors is just her in tears. cherry and marcia were forced to keep their friend's crying as a secret after catching her crying and throwing up in the bathroom during cheer practice, y/n even paid them both $10 to keep their mouths shut, even though it hurt them to not get their friend the help she needed, they just simply nodded and left.

ponyboy met up with curly shepherd at the theater where they started smoking and discussing about the homecoming dance later that month, curly had just in mind who he was going to take and piss off; y/n may. if ponyboy hadn't told y/n off, maybe he would've had a chance to ask her out if it weren't for him just coming off rude.

"so, you've got a gal in mind?" curly asks.

"maybe, don't know, you?" ponyboy returns the question.

"yeah," he scoffs with a smirk. "i'm gonna ask y/n."

ponyboy felt like gargling bleach after hearing one of his best friends were asking out his former best friend, "wow man! but may i ask you, why?"

"well she's hot and she's running for that crown, gotta aim for what's best." he pokes at his brain.

pony nodded with a fake smile, "that's good, curls, but it's a soc you're heading for. piss her off and you piss her whole army off.'

"ain't nothing to worry about, pone, as long as we got the gang, ain't no broad can bring out a whole territory."

ponyboy inhaled the last of his cigarette when sodapop pulled up out of nowhere with an angry face, soda has stayed mad at him for driving his other best friend away from the gang. ponyboy waved 'goodbye' to curly before sitting down with a resting face, soda still held a grudge against ponyboy but not enough to not have any care in the world about him.

as they made it home, darry was just checking the roof to their home as they heard a storm was coming to tulsa soon, he wanted to make sure the roof was sturdy enough to keep up instead of having him steal the roof supplies from his work the day after, which he has done a few times but was storm unrelated. in this case, it something to do with two-bit trying to see if he could make a stable walk on the roof while drunk, didn't end well.

"another check-up, dar?" pony asks.

"you know it, kid brother." darry smiles. "any word from y/n?"

"no." soda growls before heading inside.

"guess someone's not over it." darry hints. "homecoming is around the corner, i got your suit ready for the dry cleaners next monday, shoes i'll get soda to trade with you since y'all are the same size."

"good luck with that." pony joked.

"yeah? well good luck with your homework." darry defended.