Tubbo Talks... Or Not

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

When you got back to the castle, Tommy was curled up against the couch in your room. His hands were covering his eyes, and he was shaking quite violently. You instantly rush over to him and put your hands on his shoulders.

"Tommy? What's wrong?" You say. He starts muttering a lot of things that you can't understand. You kneel down on the ground in front of him. You take his hands off his eyes and put them in yours. "You can tell me."

"I-It's Tubbo, he's not responding to the letters. W-What if something happened to him? What if the castle is destroyed?" Tommy said. He started muttering more scenarios that you couldn't understand.

"I'm sure that Tubbo's fine, he knew that we were going to be gone, and that you'll send him letters, right?" You said as calmly as you could. You couldn't bear to know that something had happened back in Ensidione.

"Y-Yeah, I even asked how long it would take for the letters to get to him to tell him when to expect it." He said, still trembling.

"Are you sure the letters would get to him in the midst of half (½) a war?" Sapnap said, kneeling down beside both of you.

"Wait. What?" Tommy said, a look of hope in his eyes.

"We're trying to find a solution to a war. Mail is probably going to be cancelled between the two (2) countries until said solution is found." Sapnap said. You saw Tommy's eyes flicker with hope, then guilt.

"Then that means he hasn't gotten anything yet, and it's my fault. For all I know, he could be confused right now." Tommy said. It hurts you to see your brother like this, but you weren't sure what to do.

Sapnap dropped to his knees next to Tommy, trying to console him. Tommy, however, just started scooting away from him, whimpering loudly and crying softly. You were frozen, watching him be this wrecked over his best friend not being able to receive or respond to letters.

You wished you could help. You desperately wanted for the pain he felt to just disappear, for Tubbo to just... just be here.

Sapnap took a deep breath, and you could tell he was worried too. Within that breath, there was so much pent-up stress and anxiety, that you were surprised he could even take the breath. "Tommy," his voice was quiet, soothing. "Tommy, please look at me."

Tommy looked up at the tanned man, his breathing still staggered. He sniffled again, wiping furiously at his eyes.

"Tommy, you are far from the reason the war started. Don't blame yourself for the crappy mail services here and there. Besides, it's at least a six (6) hour trip on horseback. The messengers sadly don't have twelve (12) hours a day to spare." Sapnap put his hand on Tommy's shoulder, pulling the teen toward him.

Tommy leaned into Sapnap, tears streaming down his face (slower now than before, you had to admit). He sobbed into Sapnap's shoulder, and you just stood there. Unable to move or do anything. You were like an ice sculpture.

And it made you feel horrible.

----

When Tommy stopped crying, he hugged Sapnap tighter for a split second, then got up. He stared at you for a moment, still frozen and still feeling bad about yourself. He walked to you slowly, as though he didn't want to. He hugged you, surprisingly tighter than he had Sapnap.

"I understand why you were frozen." He mumbled to you, bringing tears to your eyes. "I wouldn't know what to do if you were like... this either."

You swallowed hard, hugging him back. He shuddered slightly, holding as tightly as he could. You wished you could stay there forever, but you knew that you couldn't. You could never stay here, and it was sad to admit.

Sad to admit that soon, you would be torn away from your brother, with no ability to ever go back. Why did it have to end like this though?

After a short while, Tommy let go and excused himself from the room. You immediately fell back onto your bed, the tears you were hiding from your brother being let out. Sapnap stayed where he was for a few moments before leaving you there, able to get all of your feelings out.

Or so you had supposed, of course. Instead of being left alone for the next few hours, as you had wanted, Dream shoved your door open, rattling the items on the shelves.

"Sovereign, what happened?" He questioned immediately, running to your bedside and kneeling next to where you lay. You grumbled something about how nothing happened that you could barely understand. Dream grabbed your face for a moment, his unmasked eyes staring directly into your own.

After what seemed like hours of him sitting there like that, holding your face and staring at you, he wiped your tears and let go. "Sorry," he whispered, glancing away.

Not thinking, you said the first thing that came to your mind: "You're really pretty."

He looked back at you in shock. "...What?"

You gulped, staring at him for a moment, the tears in your eyes quickly fading. "What do you mean, 'what'?"

"Did you say I'm pretty?" He chuckled, leaning toward you curiously. You already knew he caught you. Red-handed, in fact. The only thing you had to do now was give him a snarky response and get on with your day.

You sat up, grabbed him by his shirt collar, and yanked him to you. "Yeah, you are quite pretty, Dream." You state, grinning at him. His cheeks dust red, both at the compliment and the close proximity between the two of you. "But, I must admit... Sapnap's more attractive than you. He's got that cold, mysterious, yet funny and sweet thing going on. You don't."

"HEY!" He shouted, standing quickly as you let him go. You laughed, of course, but something in the back of your mind kept saying that what you said wasn't truly how you felt. It probably wasn't the best thing to have running through your mind... especially not at a time like this.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔