14. Under The Agreste Mansion

Fan Art: Don't worry he won't be akumatized i just thought this was a nice rep for this chapter

A/N: The calm-ish before the storm 😏
enjoy <333

_________________________________

Adriens POV:

"adrien!!" plagg continues to ruffle my blankets until i get up, i keep turning over groaning, it's summer and my schedule is empty for once in my life, i just need more time.

"wake me up when there is an akuma attack" i fall back into my sheets, but he keeps nudging me, now I'm concerned I haven't fed him enough.

"There is!" He yells as i immediately jolt out of bed to see out my window eyeing the villain and alya fighting on her own .

I call out my transformation and go out my window to start fighting, though it didn't last very long, a simple and quick attack... i can practically read my ladies mind through my earpiece.

This is the calm before the storm, hawkmoth does this every year with his big ideas but somehow this time everything feels much more complicated, since he's so close to her identity.

~~~

"You guys are thinking what I am right ?" Alya says as we sit on the roof for our analyzation sessions.

"Yeah, whatever he's planning it will be soon" ladybug breathes, i know she's stressed, she's been holding back her discovery for about a week now, I'm getting worried for her and what she found out.

There's an awkward silence as we hear her breathe heavily, deliberating about something, "i have something to tell you guys" i see alya breathe in relief as she says it.

"I found out where the akumas come from and possibly who hawkmoth is" she blurts out and pauses in momentum.  Leaving alya and I to process what she just revealed .

My eyes slightly water as i catch a knot in my throat. "Where? Who?" Alya says as i just sit back preparing myself.

"t-the agreste mansion" she stutters leaving me automatically frozen, double checking , "I'm sorry did you just say the agreste mansion?" I second guess and choke a little on my tears. 

"I'm sorry" I can hear the knot in her voice, trying not to break down as we are.

My brain can't really understand what's happening right now, all i feel is not disappointment but anger, anger towards the only other man living in the agreste mansion.

"Chat where are you going?" Alya asks me as I stand up and prepare my stick to leap off, "I'll see you guys tomorrow, i need space" i lead on and stay talking to ladybug for support.

Her voice brings me comfort when I'm currently at my worse, I'd give anything to see her right now .

"I'm sorry kitty" she sniffles, you can tell she was or is crying. we've been waiting so long just to know who he is, now we know and I feel like my world is a second from completely falling apart.

"Talk to you tomorrow m'lady" I still myself, awaiting to hang up and throw myself a pity party, i deserve it .

"I'll see you soon you know that?" She worries through her voice, maybe she will see me, or not, my father seems capable of anything now.

"Yeah, see you soon" i hang up and detransform, throwing myself on my bed once Natalie knocks on my door.

"Adrien, your father wants to see you in his office" Usually I'd get a little chipper but with the news iv recently been told nothing seems like it'll go up from here on out.

"Adrien! Great" my father smiles, weird iv never seen him smile like this since my mother, normally this would make me feel excited or hopeful but not now, probably not ever anymore .

"Sit please" be gestures for me to sit across from him, "we need to talk" he says smiling, if he's about to suggest a summer store trip I will lose my shit, after everything he's done, though he doesn't know i know he expects me to follow him blindly like I always do.

But I am not a child anymore. For fucks sake iv never gotten to think for myself, my childhood wish was to do whatever my parents wanted me to do .

"I want to show you something, you trust me right son?" He gets a little more serious . No

How could he even ask me that .

"Come along" he guides the both of us out of the office and into our hallway where the bright photo of my mother stands and presses his fingers down on two buttons.

Before he does he takes a look over to natalie, eyeing her for permission, maybe it's something about them.

She slowly nods as we both suddenly start sinking inside the ground... under ground. Under the agreste mansion i remember ladybugs tripling voice .

As we slowly hit solid ground all i see around us is green, and a casket.

"This way" I continue to follow him into wherever we're going, slowly the blurry vision of the casket grows bigger and bigger as we approach it.

"Iv been wanting to tell you for a while" I look down at my very own mother in a cryogenic sleeping chamber under our house... for all of these years.

I slowly shed a tear trying not to lash out and ruin the access i have right now to all of this, my mind asks me what ladybug would do in this situation, my heart however is waiting to transform right here, right now and take him down .

But I should stay low, ask him questions, pretend to be on his side, that is if he reveals his hawkmoth identity.

The butterflies are everywhere, he must think I'm stupid if he doesn't say anything.

"Whats happening?" I quietly hold the knot in my throat trying to keep the pieces of myself together. "A chance to get our family back son" he puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Do you understand?" He firmly asks, to keep his identity, to not get mad because he's gone completely insane. Iv moved on, i thought he did too, I thought this was life from now on.

Turns out everything was a huge lie, I wonder why he waited to tell me now , maybe he assumed I'd be more vulnerable as a child, false assumption father, I'm just as vulnerable now.

"Yes father" i keep it together by nodding as we look at the frozen image of my mothers body lying in a field of butterflies, seems so innocent to the naked eye.

Maybe if he told me when I was younger I wouldn't have been able to keep it together like I am now. That's where he made the mistake .

____________________________________

A/N: AHHHHH so excited i finally finished this chapter lol it took me 3 weeks bc I took a break sorry y'all, lol but you won't even notice cause these are all pre written. But I will say I do prefer pre writing and posting daily .

Until next time, happy reading <333