Understanding

Mikey's POV

For the first time today I understood something, these people, they've died once before. That part I'm sure, so how am I here with them? Am I dreaming? But I can clearly feel Baji and Shin-nii's grip. No I have to stop thinking, I've been thinking since the moment I woke up but where did it lead me to? This weak pitiful state.

"I think I caught a cold?"I said with my hand still covering my mouth.

"Ohh! I can look after you, have you heard the saying dumb people don't get sick? I'm confident that I won't get sick!" Kazutora exclaimed, breaking the tense atmosphere.

"Pfft hahaha, then I volunteer as well!"Pah-chin said, raising his hand in the air.

"Oi don't be proud about being dumb,"Kenchin laughed.

"Hah... we'll also need a person who's in the right state of mind," Mitsuya sighed.

"Ah well you guys can go to Manjiro's room I guess? I'll make the porridge," Shin-nii said, letting go of my shoulder.

"Hm? What's happening?" Emma poked her head out from her room.

"Little guy here is sick," Takeomi-San answered.

"Ohh I knew it! Why else would he wake up so early? I'll help you make porridge Shin-nii!"

With that Shin-nii, Emma and Takeomi-san went to the kitchen, while my gang and I headed for my room. Why isn't Baji letting go of me??

3rd POV in Mikey's room

Draken: Hmm so even Mikey can get sick [sitting on the floor]

Mitsuya: Of course

Pah-chin: Oh! That means Mikey's not dumb!?

Mitsuya: I don't think it works like that [sweat drop]

Baji: [lays Mikey onto the bed and sits on it with Kazutora]

Kazutora: Does your throat hurt so much?

Mikey: Hm??

Draken: Well you're oddly quiet

Mikey: Ahh.. I'm just a bit tired

Mitsuya: Ahh I see I see

The gang continued to discuss what to do while Mikey laid there in silence, memories that weren't his we're starting to resurface, not completely but snippets from here and there. The people in those memories weren't people he knew, they had the same body, face and voice but he didn't know them, yet his heart ached seeing them in such condition. Those weren't scenes a 12 years old should even see in the first place.

Mikey: I... [clears throat] I'm going to the toilet

Kazutora: Oh okay [helps Mikey up]

Mikey flinched after Kazutora helped him up, another memory was appearing. He managed to ignore it and shook his head.

Mikey: Thanks [walks out the room]

Mikey got to the toilet and sat on it, he felt uncomfortable to be in a room with people who he'd just witnessed their death. 'Is this some sort of see the future thing? Am I supposed to prevent all that? And what was up with Kazutora, did he kill Shin-nii? I'll have to keep an eye on them.'Mikey thought.

After finishing up his internal debate he moved on to a new topic, 'okay so how am I gonna go back in, ugh this is so awkward! I can't just walk in and go to sleep, well I can but that doesn't sit right with me... oh? Don't sick people get clingy, yeah let's go with that!'Mikey nodded his head satisfied by how smart he was 😌.