back home

Today marks 14 months that me and Billie have been apart. I sat on my couch waiting for her FaceTime. I was binging some new Netflix show- since that's all I can do while I waited for her to call.

I heard a knock on my door. I paused the T.V. to answer it. My best friend was on the other side holding a bottle of wine and some bread. "Hey." She smiled. I let her in. "What's up?" I asked. "Have you eaten dinner yet?" She asked. I shook my head. "I was gonna order take out. I'm really into this show." I said. She smiled. "Let's make that pasta you made one time. I'll make garlic bread!" She said.

My phone buzzed and I grabbed it.

Billie: hey! I'm gonna have to call you a little later than usual :( I'm sorry.

I frowned slightly and sent back a "okay. I'll talk to you later, love."

"Come on! I'm hungry!" My friend called from the kitchen. I sighed and made my way to the kitchen to start making pasta. "Sooo what are you doing for Halloween?" She asked. "Well I hoped Billie would be home by now because I wanted to do a scary movie marathon." I said. She nodded. "So now I think I'm just gonna stay in and see how many I can watch before I freak myself out." I said. She nodded. "Well you're always welcomed to come out with me. I think there may be a few parties." She said. "Eh." I said. "Yeah. I know. Just a suggestion so you're not alone." She said.

The pasta was almost done. "I'll be back." My friend said I nodded not turning around to face her. I heard the door open and close. I sipped my wine and I heard her come back in. "Do you want an plate or a bowl?" I asked.

"I would love a plate." I heard Billies voice say. I froze. I could hear laughing behind me but I couldn't move. "Are you okay?" Billie asked touching my arm and lower back. Tears formed into my eyes as I finally turned around to face her. "Why are you crying?" She asked. I pulled her in a tight hug. "I missed you." I laughed. She hummed. "I missed you so much more." She whispered. My friend was no where in sight. "Where did she go?" I asked. "Home. She was apart of my plan" Billie said. "I didn't want you to expect it." She said.

I gently brushed her face. "I can't believe you're standing in front of me right now." I said. She smiled and grabbed my face. "Are you going to kiss me? I haven't seen your stupid cute little face in 14 months." She pouted. "I'm still in shock. Give me a moment." I said. She laughed. "Kiss me." She said. I leaned down and kissed her softly. "How are you here?" I asked. "Break. I'm home until February." She said. "I'm going to pass out." I said. "Why? Are you okay?" Billie asked concerned. "We have four months?" I said. She laughed. "Yes." She said rubbing my cheek.

"Now let's eat I'm starving." She said. I smiled and grabbed plates.

-
"This show is trash." Billie laughed. "Hey! I watched practically everything. This is all that's left." I pouted from her lap. She smiled. "We can always do something else." She said running her finger across my jaw line and down my neck. I smirked. "What do you have in mind?" I said. She laughed. "I mean 14 months was a long time." She said.

I sat up. "You're telling me." I laughed. She cracked a smiled and pulled me in for a kiss, smiling. As our lips met my stomach tightened as my body tingled all over. "I missed you so much." She whispered. "I missed you more." I said straddling her lap. "Oh! I forgot!" She said pushing me off. I looked at her confused as she ran back to the bedroom.

I turned the tv off as she walked back in. Her hands were behind her back. She smirked as she sat down. "Um?" I said. She shook her head. "No no. Don't speak." She said. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "So! When we were in France, we had a day to walk around and stuff." She said looking down. "And I was having a really bad day because I couldn't call you because I lost my phone. Anyways. I walked into this one shop and I saw this and instantly thought of you." She said. She handed me a small box. I opened the box and gasped.

"Wait. This is insane." I said. It was a small ring with a small jewel. The band was twisted into a pretty pattern. "This looks like an engagement ring" I said. I gasped again. "Are you proposing?" I whispered. She smiled at me so brightly and shook her head. "I mean the answer is yes if you were." I said. "Just do know. For the future." I smiled putting it on. "It's the only one like it. Super unique and rare." Billie smiled. "Like you." She said. I laughed softly. "When did you get so cheesy?" I said. I leaned forward and kissed her softly. "I love it. Thank you."

Billie pulled me closer. "Can I ask you a question?" Billie asked. "Mhmm." I said. "Will you come with me for the rest of tour? I asked my team and we have an open spot. I don't know why they didn't let you come this last time." She frowned. "Billie I would love too!" I said. She smiled. "Good. Now. I think we have some unfinished business." She said kissed me softly. I melted and let her take the wheel. "I missed this you much." I said.

She stood up and grabbed my hand. "I missed you too. Now come on. We have business to attend to." She smirked. I followed her to the bedroom. It was gonna be a long night.