« 19 »

Happy Reading ✨

_____________________________________

Irene looked at the lunch. He didn't eat.

I chose to hurt myself... I guess... Irene looked around for Yeonjun but he was nowhere to be found.

"Why did I even think it would affect him? What is he doing to me?"

Irene sat back in her respected place. It was soon going to be someone else's.

"Why is he affecting me when he's not affected even a bit? And why am I wanting him to be affected? I'm just gonna be myself, it doesn't matter what he does! He can't make me sulk!" Irene said to herself in frustration.
. .

And soon it was time to leave the office of Mr. Choi Yeonjun. Irene was happy about it, now she doesn't have to be there in that awkward situation. But somewhere or elsewhere she was just denying the fact that she wanted to make the most out of the time she has with him but he did not dare to say any word to her.

He didn't even scold her today. For anything. He barely spoke to her all day. Even she didn't get anything to point him out for. And her lunch for him wasn't something that should be pointed out because he never asked for that from her. It was her own inclination.

"Have a nice evening, Mr. Choi," she said, as usual, passing a smile. And he can never reply, never ever.

He's gonna be so happy when he doesn't hear me saying to him after a few days.
She walked out, taking her bag.

How would it feel like not to hear her? Yeonjun walked her leave. His gaze followed her until she disappeared out of his sight.

.
The rest of the day went by listening to her favorite songs and talking to her plushies.

Meanwhile, Yeonjun just tried not to feel the urgency to call up Irene and either say "You're fired, Ms. Park." Or "Ms. Park, you're never leaving my side."

. .

Irene was still not in the office, she was late. Yeonjun, Beomgyu, and Soobin waited for her in the room.

"Why is she late?" Asked Yeonjun, furiously.

"I texted her, she said that the traffic is terrific there. She can't help it." Beomgyu said, trying to make it obvious that he was defending her. Yeonjun rolled his eyes.

"Hyung!" Soobin said, out of blue. He was doing something on his phone and wasn't actually paying attention to the surroundings.

"What is it?" Yeonjun asked, with disinterest. He doesn't like being called out so excitedly.

"I almost forgot to remind you! Sorry! Day after tomorrow, there's this Jamboree for the CEOs all over the state. You have to attend it-"

"Okay? What was there to be so thrilled about?"

"No, thrilled but... jumpy because..."

"Because? Soobin, I don't like you procrastinating instead of coming to the point."

"And the attendee is supposed to be there with their suppose or some date. It's kind of a protocol." Soobin completed.

"I'm not attending, not like it's the end of the world," Yeonjun stated.

"But Hyung, it's important," Soobin emphasized.

"So who do you think I can take? See, I don't have time for these pointless parties."

"Hyung, you know how important they are. And also, it's for every one of them and it's important, you've not attended any of these meets lately. The business needs interaction." Beomgyu tried compelling Yeonjun.