Chapter 20

Around noon I drive to the penthouse. Niall leaves a text saying Liam and Louis are out again. I wonder where they are always disappearing to, Niall says errands but I know it's not that. You wouldn't come home with bruised knuckles or a few bruises on your face if you are running errands. I don't hold the authority to ask them about it, we are friends, or I'd like to think we are, at least with Liam. Louis is a different case but we are on common grounds and he is civil with me.

The elevator doors open and I find Niall on the couch, putting his shoes on. I drag my bags behind me, "Hey, good you are here. I have to go meet up with Louis and Liam." I hope everything is alright. "So, I'm all alone?" It was more of a desire than a question, I cannot stand being in the same room as Harry. "Uhh.. no Harry is asleep."

Asleep. That's better than being awake, if I am lucky enough, the boys will be back before he wakes up. "Okay, be careful." He looks worried, his body language was different, stiffer. "Ni, you okay?"

"Huh? Oh yeah no, I'm fine, don't worry." He gives me a hug and disappears into the elevator in a hurry. He was acting strange, I hope everything is okay.

I felt like cooking something, so I decided to make some sweet and sour soup along with garlic bread. With both my buds in and listening to music, I really did enjoy prepping and cooking. Lately my life has been so busy it feels like I don't have much time to do the things I enjoy or just time to myself in general. I made extras just in case anyone wants some.

Just as I finished washing the dishes to go pour myself a drink, I hear some shuffling. He is awake. I take a seat at the bar, pouring myself some whiskey. I've probably had whiskey before, just don't remember the taste. Besides, I think I'll need it.

Harry walks down the stairs shirtless, his tshirt bunched up in his hand but the moment we had eye contact, he used the shirt to cover himself and I was quick to turn to face the variety of liquor so my back was towards him. I didn't think he wanted me to look at him shirtless, so when I hear him put his tshirt back on, I look over my shoulder to see him looking for something in one of the cabinets. He pulls out an orange prescription bottle and swallows a pill, dry. Is he getting high this early?

"Why are you back here?" he questions and I shrug my shoulders, trying not to initiate anything. The elevator door dings and he leaves only to come back a couple of minutes later, yelling into the phone, "Why the fuck did you take my car? What am I supposed to do now!"

No, no, no, I can't have him be angry while I'm here alone. "I don't fucking care if your car needed it's oil changed! How the fuck am I supposed to go now?" His voice gets louder.

"I'm not asking her." He hushes his voice a little but I can still hear him. I hear him walk up to me, his hand extended beside me, holding his phone out reluctantly. I take the phone and bring it to my ear, "Hello?"

"Hey, sorry, can you drop Harry somewhere if you're not busy?"

"Uhm.." No thanks. "S-Sure, I mean he can take my car if he wants." I try to get us both out of an awkward situation.

"Yeah no, I'm sure he is either high or badly hungover."

"Oh okay. I'll do it. Bye." I hang up and give Harry his phone back, "Just give me the keys and I'll drive." He demands which pisses me off a little, "No, I'm driving or you aren't going."

He huffs but doesn't argue. Instead, he pours himself a cup of coffee, chugging it and pressing the elevator button. I guess this works, we don't have to talk.

I get into the driver's seat and ask him for the address. To which he doesn't reply to again but puts the address in the navigation himself. We drive in silence, except for the music playing and I swear I could hear Harry humming to the music. Sometimes I forget he is a normal person who does things like listen to music that isn't his. I glance at him looking out the window, pinching his bottom lip between his fingers. "You missed an exit."