070

SKYLAR CARLISE.
SIENNALAIR
JAN 13 . 3:01 AM

It is way too early to exist in this way.

By this way, I mean nearly man-handled by pretty girls. Would you consider that woman-handled, then? Girlboss, I guess.

They grab me roughly by the arms, pressing a hand to my mouth to keep me from talking. As we pass by Koray's desk, I slip the marble onto it.

Their whole woman-handling is kind of pathetic. I wouldn't have screamed anyway, because then Koray would save me, and hell no, he'd hold me to that forever.

I'd like to be the one with the leverage, thank you very much.

They force me outside. Ms. Pointy Ears, the one from last time, holds a knife to my throat. Her lovely blonde friend stands beside her with a condescending smile on her lips. And a third person, a guy, had been stood outside the room, looking intimidated.

By me, of course.

I stare at them. I try to look nonchalant. "Couldn't you have done this a few hours later?"

"Skylar Carlise, right?" the blonde one says instead.

"Yes?"

"How does home sound?"

"Um... Manhattan?" The theatrics of this is laughable. "It sounds okay. Polluted. Dirty. Fun, if that's your idea of fun."

"We're returning you there," the blonde one says, and glances at the guy. "He's gonna Wash your memories, okay?"

I look at him, too. He winces underneath my gaze. "New recruit?" I say.

My words fall flat. "Fine, be like that then."

"Do it," Pointy Ears says and steps away. She sheathes her knife. It's a nice knife.

The guy steps closer, and my lips move to their own accord; "Wait."

They all stop, and wait. Words do hold power, I suppose.

I pause, trying to figure out what the hell I even wanted to say. "That guy," I finally say, pointing at the door behind me. "When does he get to leave?"

"Koray?" Blondie says, with clear confusion. "I don't know. He says he's staying until he gives us a cache."

A cache. "Is that a marble-looking thing?"

She regards me with new interest, and that's answer enough.

"He has it," I say. "You should let him go. Let him live his life, maybe? Just a thought."

Blondie stares. Congrats! Her brain gears are working! Took them long enough. She sighs. "We'll let him know in the morning."

"And give him teleportation crystals to get places. He's useless on his own."

She watches me in slight amusement. "Are you attached to him?" she says.

Am I? I don't know. I'm guessing I won't be in a few minutes, so what does it matter? (I hope I don't grow up and miss something I don't even remember.)

"Up to interpretation," I reply. "I'm done now. Do what you will."

The new guy steps forward at Pointy Ears' nod.

I smirk as he nears. "Will it hurt?" I say, and he tenses, probably because he's not sure. I just laugh, and he's kinda annoyed now as he continues.

He places his fingers on my temples. "Close your eyes, please," he says when I make uncomfortable eye contact. (This works on dentists, too.)

I listen to him. As everything gets meticulously picked apart, I let myself feel scared.

It's okay; I won't remember my fear in a few minutes, anyway.

˚ 🌷 ── author's note!

this chapter is lowkey a dumpfire & couldve been so much better and im so sorry for that :,)

on another note, i don't wanna go to school tmrw woo!!

not bcs there's anything bad, but like . i don't like how i act sometimes and i don't know how to shut it off !!?

ah, socialization, a reminder of why personality is an annoying thing to have <3 love that!

anyway!! have a good night's sleep tonight and take care !!! see u next week <3 <3