The Lake

One day after she was beaten, beautiful black haired and turquoise eyed Dahlia Baker, shifted into her ash black wolf, " Capri " and ran into her packs' forest . She sprinted into the forest, but slowed down into a trot when she came to a small trail that went a little ways up the mountain.

Dahlia continued until she reached a magnificent lake surrounded by trees and mountains. She shifted back to her human form and waded into the lake to wash off the blood and look at her new scars and bruises. Dahlia winced as she accidentally brushed her arm against her newly broken ribs. Once she washed most of the blood off, Dahlia shifted and walked to the edge of the water and layed down to take a small rest so her body would heal faster.

Her wolf said something which surprised her because her wolf didn't usually say anything.

" One day we will find our mate, and then we wont be hurt anymore. And we can take Taylor with us to his pack, and we'll be safe."

Now I was REALLY surprised!! Capri has never ever mentioned anything about us having a mate before!

"That would be great! But our mate wouldn't want us. We have scars all over our body that won't heal. Nobody would want that ..." I said sadly.

Capri quickly answered," He would love us for who we are, not what we look like. No matter what , he will love and want us!"

I sighed and closed my eyes, soon falling asleep.