The mall

I think at this point my body just knows when it's time to start the day walking, I always wake up at what seems to be 6am. I sat up feeling so rested, my body didn't ache from the other day.

I gave pooh a little kiss on the head and grabbed my things and we started out, a stupid zombie came shuffling and I took care of it with one plunge to the head. Pooh keeps his distance when I have to slash, but runs to me after I'm done.

  We've walked for about an hour and I start worrying about water, this next town has got to have something. Plus pooh is gonna need it...if he can hunt can he find water too? Hmm we'll see, this next town I know is bigger. That's how Georgia is you hit three small towns before the big city, and it just repeats. I pick up the pace, almost skipping down the road and pooh freezes. Great, zombies. I whip out my knife and here comes three stumbling out of the woods, I walk towards em and start slashing heads until there's blood and brains on me and the grass. I guess I get too carried away, sometimes it's a game and I keep count of how many by the hour.

  It's gotta be around 2pm when we reach the town and clouds start rolling..more rain. This town is spacious and has a round about at the beginning of the road entering the town, we walk further and pooh runs into this large ass mall. What the fuck? This better be good pooh, it's about to rain and get darker these buildings are hard to see in and I don't have a flash light. I run after him going in the mall, it looks like it went out of business before the fall because there's nothing here..at all. I hear his bark down the escalators and I bolt towards him, I get to the bottom of the steps and there he is in a old fountain in the middle of the mall floor. The water is green and slimey but he's splashing and drinking..I guess he wouldn't drink it if it was bad.

I hear a loud smack and crumble behind me and a zombie flipped over the ledge and smashed all on the floor, the initial sound scared me and I jumped.

There could be tons of zombies in here oh no.. and here they come out of the stores and dark parts of the mall.

OH SHIT! it's alot and I yell for pooh as he's already up the stairs, I go after him. I look behind us real quick and they've filled up the entire floor down there, dread sets in. I'll be running today I see, pooh bolts ahead and I keep my knife in hand. We're running down the street and they've filled up both lanes! Oh my god, I've never had this many after me at once where the hell do I go?

There's easily 200 behind us, the growling and moans filled the town and I feel like I'm in a horror movie. If I use higher ground before they see me get up there they'll just pass by..but pooh. Fuck.  Lower isn't an option either so I just keep running? I look for pooh but he's gone, okay good he'll know how to stay safe. I hear a engine and a old rusty truck that reminds me of mator from 'cars' whips in front of me, a young woman older than me is driving with a teen boy in the passenger seat. She yells "get in" so I do and hop in the back and we speed off down the road. She hurriedly turns into a church lot and we run inside before the horde can see, I'm still facing the closed door when I finally turn around and see two scruffy men and a older woman looking at us. I feel uneasy as hell and almost rather run infront of the zombies "as soon as their gone ill be out of your way, you don't have to share your food with me I don't plan on staying" the one blonde man scoffs and sits down in the pew, and the older, scruffy man speaks up. "Well I didn't send my lovely daughter to save your ass just for you to be ungrateful" I don't know how to take that so I shrug and sit down and continue "I like being alone, I'm on a mission and I can't stop or let people get in my way" which isn't a full lie, I don't HAVE to do anything but I just like to keep moving and people like this out of my way. Men just scare me ever since the first night I saw that woman in the alley, I vowed to myself that'd never be me no matter what i have to do I'll survive. The scruffy man, has a dark blue t shirt on, jeans and some leather cowboy boots. He wears a ugly cowboy hat and has a mustache and beard, unkempt but he's shaved in the past month. The blonde looks to be in his 20s, gray t-shirt and zip up jacket, and the young woman maybe 30 has a tight dirty white long sleeve on with boot cut jeans they start to close in on me. I stand backing towards the door, the blonde on my left, scruffy man in the middle and the woman on my right. The old lady and boy sit in the pews unbothered but watching like a show is about to begin. Dread sets in and i flip into survival at no costs mode. They spit out sly questions about food and where I've camped, I tell them repeatedly I don't have anyone or anything. The scruffy man comes closer and smells a lock of my hair, his eyes are closed and he exhales "ahhh someone's been taking care of theirself Clyde" he looks to the blonde holding my hair out for him to sniff and he does. "What do ya say pops? Give her a few rounds and send her on her marry way?" He has a nasty smile on his face while looking between me and the scruffy man, the young woman nuged the scruffy man "yeah daddy I like to watch" and a wicked laugh leaves her mouth as she watches my face, heat courses through me like anger I've never felt before. I knew this day would come so I made secret weapons, my belt buckle is cut so my fingers can stick between it and form a makeshift brass knuckles. When I hold it it looks like claws between my fingers, these boots I wear are special. A tiny loop sticks out from the side where my heel is and if I full it, it's just a tiny blade but sharp as hell and will slice a throat. The loop goes around my finger. I knew I'd be using them in this situation, plus they have guns so if I can get my hands on them....
  The scruffy man picks me up by my jacket collar and my feet dangle, I'm face to face with him. He smells of ass and ciggaretts and he says quietly "I'll make a woman out of you".  His what I assume to be his daughter, closes in and I kick her in the face with my right foot and he drops me but in the same second he's between my legs taking out my belt I wait till he has it and I yank it and have the three points between my fingers and slash him across the face hard as I can.

The scruffy man yelps and he's pouring blood so bad holding his face, the blonde intercepts the belt from me cutting my palm and has me by the throat with his left hand and his right is across my chest. My back is to him and he whisperes something in my ear but all I hear is my pulse in my ears, the woman steps in front of me and I head butt her so hard my brain rattled.
all at once I reach back with my left hand and stick my finger in his ear until I feel warm squishyness and pull until warm blood spurts on my wrist. I grab the woman's gun and shot her point blank, then the old lady. The blonde boy stumbled towards me and i spin around and stick both fingers in his ears and smash his face on my knee until his face is pulp.

The scruffy man is on the floor howling in pain, he has 3 gashes in his face going diagonal from his forehead, across the nose and lips to his chin. His nose is hanging by threads of skin, I kicked him down. He's face down and I just smash my heel in the back of his head until his brains decorate my boot.

I look at the boy and he's shaking, eyes widened with his hands up but he scowls. I'm a bloody mess again and I open the door and the horde is passing; a couple coming towards the gunshots and there's pooh, he flies in and sits right behind me. I look at the boy then the mangled bodies I just created and feel satisfied and lay down on a pew, pooh in between me and the back of the bench and I drift a little. Until I feel someone at my back, the boy has his hands on poohs neck sqeezing and with no weapon on me but my boot blade I just reach up and dig into his belly until guts and blood pour out, staring into his eyes he falls to his knees gurgling and i turn to pooh who isn't moving.