4) Vote

In the warehouse full of bedrooms all surviving people were sat on either the floor or stairs.

Dae-Jeung sat beside the girl from earlier, Player 240. She was silent, she doesn't look scared but at the same time didn't at all look fine. I mean, I would be in the same spot to if I haven't seen something like that happen before.

"So..." He started. "First time seeing someone die?" He said bluntly but softly while looking at her.

She shook her head softly while holding her legs towards her chest.

He didn't ask, and just stayed silent. It would probably not be a good idea to bring up bad memories.

A loud beep resounds around the room as 9 masked men enters in the same order as before. The lights open.

"You have all made it through the first game, Congratulations you are moving on. I will now announce the results of the first game"

Dae-Jeung looks up towards the build board. The numbers drop from 456 to 201.

"Out of 456 players, 255 players were eliminated, and 201 players successfully completed the first game"

Quiet gasps and murmurs were heard amongst the players. Then a loud cry of a woman silenced it.

"Mister please! Listen I'm so sorry. I swear I'll pay what I'll owe, I'll do it I'll pay it. Please sir. I have a child at home, so young, I need to register the, I still need to name my child sir. Please sir let me leave!" She cried while kneeling and rubbing her hands. Number 212.

After her act, people began to fall down and kneel begging to be released.

"There seems to be a misunderstanding. We are not trying to hurt you or collect your debts. Let me remind you that we are here to give you a chance" square mask explained.

People began to shout their grievances. Blaming them. They were traumatized.

"This is JUST A GAME"

Stated square mask. Some began to complain louder.

"They were simply eliminated for breaking the rules of the game. If you just follow the rules you can leave this place safely with the prize money we promised"

He again explained with the same tone of voice he used many times before. More and more people began complaining.

"Consent Form Clause 1: A player is not allowed to stop playing"

He again said in the same voice. More complaints, they also brought in the police into the conversation.

A gun fire pointed to the air sounded and the men with triangle masks pointed their guns towards the players.

"Consent Form Clause 2: A player who refuses to play will be eliminated"

Again he-

"Consent Form Clause 3" someone spoke up. Dae-Jeung turned his face to look at the man who spoke. A man with glasses and ear length hair. Number 218.

"If all the players agree to stop playing the games are allowed to end. Or am I wrong?" He said while descending down the metal stairs.

Huh, smart man.

The people look towards the stage a little hopefully.

"...you are correct" he stated after a moment.

"So, let's vote on ending this. If the majority wishes to leave this place then everyone gets to go home right?" once again, smart man.

Another moment of silence from the people in dark pink suits.

"Alright. As you wish. We will take a vote to decide the termination of the game."

Silent murmurs and gasps envelop the people once again.

"Before we vote. Let me announce the prize money of the game as previously promised"

He takes out a remote like the same one from earlier and pointed it towards the glass pig.

The lights dim and jackpot sounds are heard. Wads of cash drops down from a tube to the bottom of the bank.

"A total of 255 players were eliminated during the first game. A 100 000 000 won is at snake per player. Therefore 25.5 billion won of prize money is accumulated so far. If you wish to give up on playing, the 25.5 billion won will be sent to the bereaved families of the late players, 100 million won each. However, you will all return home empty handed"

He said successfully gaining the interest of some of players.

The same woman from earlier then asked a question about the money.

456 players = 45.6 billion won.

A few things were moved in the room. Two voting buttons were placed in front of the stage and a white line was drawn in the middle of the room.

"As you can see there are two buttons in front of you. If you wish to continue playing, press the green button with an O. If you wish to stop playing, then please press red button with an X instead. After you finished voting move to the other side of the white line and wait.  Voting will be done in reverse order from the number on your chests. Player 456, please cast your vote" he explained the rules in an efficient manner.

Player 456, the scraggy man from before made his way forward, took a few breaths and pressed X.

Player 453, an old woman with graying hairs stepped forward, she hesitates, looks up towards the toney, and chose O.

Voting continues

The votes are officially halved.

50-50

Two more people chose X. A shouting match then blooms in between the people who choose to the continuation of the game and the side that doesn't want to.

A gun is pointed

"We will not condone any kind of act that impedes this democratic process. Now, let us resume and continue voting.

Dae-Jeung chose O. It's not that he wants the money, yes it does sound good, but he needs more time to formulate a long term plan. And with what just happen earlier with the massacre he didn't have a time to think about it. He also needs a place to hide, this place seems to be fairly isolated from the outside world, estimated with guess of course. Most of his guesses are 95% true and achieved.

The vote is once again tied.

100-100

"It seems we are down to the last vote. Player 1"

Player 1, the old man from earlier who was the one besides him to stay calm and continue walking. He is slightly suspicious but he condones his bravery. Especially for an old man who looks like he could be his grandfather...

The pressure is on what will he choose...time passes a bit. He looks towards the build board.

He moves his hands towards his right....X.

The people of the X side cheer for their victory and freedom while the O side was silent.

"The majority of the players have voted to terminate the game. Therefore, this game is now terminated"

Some of the O people began to complain about letting them stay.

"It is a pity that we must say goodbye to you like this. However we will not completely seal the door of opportunity for all of you. If the majority of you wish to participate again, then we will resume the game. So, goodbye for now"

~~~~~~~~~

Comment if there are any mistakes, or if you want to.
Give some love
Thankyou for reading