Chapter 15 - Short But Sweet <3

»Previously«
"He won't hurt you again. He won't get the chance."

I heard her sniffling slightly, adjusting her body to lean against mine.

"I promise you, darling."
——————————————————

The same words kept ringing through my head as I held (Y/N).

"He'll see me alone somehow and he'll do it again for this mess today."

"He" referring to Noah.
"It" referring to...

Truly, I can safely say I hate Noah. That dick's not right in his head.

Harrison had to leave for a thing with his family, even if he was hesitant about going, I convinced him he could leave. I mean, I can handle (Y/N).

The more I thought about what Noah said this morning, when he came over...It all started to make sense.

He told (Y/N) his lies, he had his fun, but in the end, his goal was to isolate her from our friendship. If she didn't think she could trust me, she would trust Noah. And when she trusted Noah, he would be able to manipulate her into isolating herself from him. He would be able to make her into his own personal rag doll without any interference from the people around her who actually cared about her.

That was his plan.

I looked down to a sniffling (Y/N) still burying her face in my neck as the two of us laid on the couch. And I thought about how much I hate Noah again.

How could he do this to her? I mean, what goes through a person's mind to allow them to do the things he did to her?

When she told me about everything that happened, I just wished I could go back to the morning and pin his arm on a hot stove. See how that feels.

He says he loves (Y/N), so what went through his mind before he hurt her is beyond me.

I love her, too. But I would never do the things he did.

I wouldn't. But I let them happen. I could have been there - I should have been there, just to make him stop. I let her go out with him, I let him stay around even when I thought I saw the signs, I didn't protect her.

How could I let him do that to her?

No. No, I'm not the victim here, I reminded myself. (Y/N) has been going through this alone, the last thing she needs is a support system more concerned about blaming himself and looking back at things he can't change.

All that matters is getting (Y/N) as far away from Noah as possible. Now I know, right? So I can focus on today and tomorrow instead of blaming myself for yesterday.

"Are you okay?" I asked her. She had stopped crying and was just laying on my chest. I had my arm wrapped around her, playing with the edges of her hair.

She looked up at me, giving a soft smile.

"Well, that's good." I smiled back. "Nothing else to do today...wanna watch (favorite/tv/show)?"

"Of course I want to watch Supernatural!" she exclaimed excitedly, getting off of me. (JOKING, put in (your/fave/show)

The warmth of her body left and I was hit with the cool breeze of room temperature. I almost sat up until she sat back down in front of me, laying down again, this time her back on my stomach until her head was under my neck.