Chapter Ten

If happy ever after did exsist...
I would still be holding you like this...

• • • • • •           💠 ⚕️ 💠 ⚕️           • • • • • •

Kumi’s POV

Akiko arrived at Tezuka’s house at six thirty and Kumi gladly opened the door for her best friend to come in.

“Let’s go upstairs.” Kumi said after closing the door.

“Did we have the whole house to ourselves? Why does it seems like we’re the only people here?”

“Ah, Ojiisan went out of town with Kunimitsu’s parents and will return next week. Kimiko won’t be here because she’s going to the hospital to look after a friend. As for Kuni, he’s not yet here… but he will come home sooner or later.”

They enter inside her room. Akiko put her things on the floor and proceed to Kumi’s bed and lay down.

“Gosh! I’m so tired!”

Kumi also went towards her bed and sit down. She grabbed one pillow and hugged it.

“So?”

She deeply sighed before asking what’s been bothering her for a while now.

“What if… if someone asked you to be his girlfriend but you find it insincere? What will you do?”

“Insincere?"

"Yeah.."

"Of course, I’m won’t believe him.” Akiko sit down and face her. “Why? Did Fuji asked you like that?”

She slowly nod and started talk about what had happened to her and the Tensai during lunch. She tells her everything without missing any details.

“I see. That’s why both of you were quiet when you arrive at the rooftop.”

“Hai.”

“Since you’re bothered by that simple teasing from him, I can say that you already like him? You know, romantically..”

"Hai."

Akiko nodded and motion her hand for Kumi to wait. “Give me a second.”

Her best friend then started to scream like a fool. Giggling around the bed.

Then she remembered, 'Oh right! Akiko often teases her towards Fujii!’

“Okay, when did you realize this?” Akiko asked afterwards.

“When the two of us went to Kanagawa.” She smiled as she felt happy that she has someone to talk to about her feelings, but shy at the same time.

“Gosh, Kumi! Do you know why I joined Eiji in teasing you to Fuji?” Kumi shook her head. “Because I know all along that you had feelings for him!”

Kumi tilted her head and frowned. “I don’t get it.”

Akiko rolled her eyes and started to talk about their freshman year. “I still remember our first day in Seigaku, how you tell me about this guy in your class who has a pair beautiful of blue eyes and how you’re so gravitated with it.”

Yeah, she sure knows the feeling because up to even now, she’s still gravitated to those pair of blue eyes.

“At first, I thought you’re just admiring his features because I agree that Fuji's eyes are really something. But as the time goes by, I notice that you’re different when he’s around. You’re so conscious and at the same time, your being true.” Aki squeeze her hands and looked directly in her eyes. “You may not know it or you’re just unaware of what you feel towards him, but I do! And I am so happy that you finally realized it on your own.”