ii.

- friends look out for each other, in ways more than one.

His name was George, they're the same age, he played the electric guitar and belonged to the band called 'CREWs'. 

A few nights ago, they met at an open mic and sang some covers together- on the surface it was nothing new, local artist, performing side-by-side underground fan favorites. However, a few netizens would know, the underlying strings attached to reality.

'I thought we agreed not to scope out the competition beforehand?' His bandmate nudged at him with the head of his bass.

'What happened to "play-it-cool" huh?' The drummer picked on his nerves.

'It was nothing of the sort, we just played some tunes, ' Will recited as if the piece of information was a script rather than the actual truth, '-never spoke after that.'

'Well, your friend over there,' the drummer spoke, pointing with one of his drumsticks, '-he's a dime in a dozen.'

'Damn right,' the bassist agreed.

'Check your lines idiots,' Will spoke to the air. They were currently setting up the stage for a live performance. The annual Music FESTA held in the middle of autumn hosted crowd-selected bands to perform fan-favorite songs back-to-back.

Today was day one of the rehearsals which meant all the bands performing were present and due to the line-up being in alphabetical order, it meant Will's band (LOVEJOY) was two parts behind CREWs.

The event coordinator did rounds over the U-shaped stage and all current standing bands, CREWs, EVERGARDEN, HELLFIRE, and LOVEJOY were given the OKAY sign. 

'We're all set, CREWs, we'll give you 10 minutes to warm up for the dry rehearsals,' and with that Will's band moved offstage to sit by the barricades watching lights and smoke machines start to whirr- clearly dry rehearsal meant full-thing to that band.

'What'd you think of him?' His bassists asked him, eyeing at how Will was practically lost in the scenery.

'Pretty damn good, he's got a good ear,' Will recalled watching the man, George, pluck and strum at a rhythm of his own. The rest of his band weren't on stage yet, still hovering behind lines and curtains.

Eventually, everyone gathered- and man was Will impressed.

A green-eyed, blond drummer? - Anyone would want to see that.

A petite hazelnut-haired cutie playing the bass? - Adorable.

A hunk of a man with an electric guitar shredded with fiery reds? - Absolute lady-killer.

A lead vocalist seated at the piano with a flirtatious smile? - Even Will was sold.

'Within the industry,' Ash began leaning to rest his forearms on Will's shoulder, '-they've taken care of just about every and any rave-after party. They're planning on debuting soon though, somewhere between these next few months.'

'How'd they all get visas?' Will collected, listening in as their mic feedback echoed in the venue, besides George- they all had to be foreign.

'FESTA sponsored plus their label is situated in London so, ya know.' Mark shrug.

They knew how to play, hell- it was riveting to listen to them. The drummer started with a banger and the fiery electric guitar shredded a tune that left Will with shivers- he mutter something under his breath, the words getting caught under his mic.

Greek, Will deciphered.

They finished their number with a bang and easily enough slid off-stage shouting cheers to themselves. It wasn't long until their scene was up and Will found himself ducking to fit under the low ceilings.

'We're playing One Day and Sex Sells right?' Mark confirmed.

'Yup,' Will confirmed fishing his pockets as he looked for something, '-shit my pick. Go ahead I left it in my bag.'

Considering how big the event was- it was generous of them to give each band a waiting room and easily enough Will found his pick in the side pocket of his bag.

'Personally speaking, I'd like to hear Taunt live.'

Familiarity settled a little slower than reflex. However, for George, he stood leaning against the door frame.

'You- you've heard our songs?' 

'Twitter recognized you easily enough, after that, it was some little digging, and yea,' George answered remaining his ground as Will walked forward almost towering him over the door frame.

'You're um,' George stumbled, pressing a flat palm out at his chest attempting to create distance, but Will only replied by gentle holding his wrist. Even his hands seemed to engulf the other man.

'Tall?'

'Good too, I mean I've heard you sing but- I guess it's different when it's your songs.'

'George, what are you doing?' Will stunted for a moment didn't move, waiting until George sighed as he faced away from him to reply.

'Dream, what?' He had the same voice- the mellow rumble that starts in his chest and gets pushed out with a heavy breath.

Dream?

'Just talking.'

'With who?'

'No one,' George looked annoyed, wait no- Will recognized the panic in his voice, the hand pressed against his sternum moved up as he attempted to push Will back and for once Will played along.

'The fuck you mean,' a head appeared in the doorway and he wore the same glassy green eyes that once stared at Will with hatred, '-him?'

Drummer boy. His eyes went to move along Will's body; he eyed his height, the rockstar mop of hair, and the gentle hold he had on George's wrist.

'George we're waiting for you, why are you here?'

'What I can't talk to other people?'

'You know that's not what I meant-'

'Dream!' Another voice called out before it came colliding against the blond's side- the hazelnut boy who rocked on the bass.

'There you are, why are you here?'

'I was just finding George, Karl,' Will felt his smirk crept up- George knew how to hide it well, but jealously was a look Will knew at heart. The two Brits locked eyes and it seemed like George got the hint- Will knew and knew well.

'My band's next,' Will sliced through the atmosphere as he stepped out the room past the blond.

'I'll sing it live for you if you want,' Will met the eyes umber eyes, ignoring the green ones staring holes into his face, '-you know where to find me.'

'Good luck,' George called out.

Will chuckled turning to flash an obvious wink, 'Thanks, baby.'