Chapter 23

Diamonds POV

It had been two weeks since the date with Lala and everything has just been getting better and better each passing day. He brought me flowers daily and always bought me food whenever I even slightly hinted that I hadn't eaten or was hungry.

He was the epitome of the perfect boyfriend. I was growing more feelings for him and I think people could start to see it.

Truth be told, I was nervous about seeing Shae again next week, but I had to do it for Sapph. She could barely contain her excitement at knowing that she was going to see her man in person again. The grin she wore on her face every day made me ,little by little, get more excited of the thought of finally going to Italy for a real holiday and not for work.

Mum and Dad had decided not to come for reasons of being too tired. We all knew that what they really meant, was enjoying the peace and quiet of us being gone for some time. When they'd announced that, everybody had either laughed, scoffed or rolled their eyes at the blatant lie.

I think Sapph was too wrapped up in her own happiness to catch the lie, but I certainly wasn't. I wanted to mess with them for a bit to trap them on my plan to make them confess.

"Hey mum, dad. Uh I just wanted to tell you guys that I'm not going on the trip to Italy anymore. So yeah." The panicked looks on their faces almost made me crack up right there.

"What do you mean you're not going? I beg you go. I need some peace in this house for once," Dad was at least trying to be subtle with his pleading but my mum on the other hand, she was something else.

"Fuck you mean you're not going?! You better get your bitch arse, dumb arse up and out this mother fucking house 'fore I get annoyed. Tryna ruin my plans and shit. Fuck you think you talking about when you say dumb shit like that. What you wanna fight or sum?" To be honest I wasn't even surprised at mum's response and actually, I was kinda expecting it. But it was still a bit scary.

"No ma'am." I answered in fear for my life. She looked me up and down with a dirty look then, kissed her teeth and simply turned back to the tv screen.

"That's what I thought." Dad shook his head at her and shrugged at me as if to say, 'I can't do shit and you can't do shit. Oh well.'

Slightly smiling at their playful argument I could hear behind me, I left the room having got my daily entertainment. Wandering around the house with nothing to do, I contemplated calling Lala at this time if the day. We usually face timed at night but hardly ever during the day. After I decided not to call Lala, I actually considered calling T and Shae just to see how they were doing. It wasn't going to be anything personal like that, just a check up on friends.

Wait...did I think of Shae as my friend? This was just even more confusing than it was before now.

Chucking my phone across the room, then quickly running to go and see if I cracked the screen, I sat back down bored out of my mind.

I couldn't call anyone, I could even chat to Fire as she was still probably obsessing over her man on face time.

There was nothing to do but wallow in my own loneliness. I mean I had friends outside of the mafia, but I couldn't be bothered to call them up and arrange something on such short notice. And besides, I would rather stay home anyway.

Putting one of my playlists on, I got changed into comfy clothing and climbed into bed. When there's nothing to do, just sleep.

As I laid down, many thoughts swarmed my head all at once. Why didn't I call Lala? Life's lowkey getting tiring nowadays. What's up with Shae? Why am I thinking about Shae? But what about Lala?

Groaning in frustration, I rolled over and tried to block out the thoughts as much as I possibly could. I slowly drifted off while my thoughts crept their way into my dreams. The last thing on my mind was, who knew life could be this hard? The thing is nobody really did until they found out for themselves.

Please comment and vote. Sorry I haven't been posting or active, it's because I've been feeling a little ill and honestly still am. And also thanks for 2k reads, that's crazyy.