A Classic Tale

"So.. how'd you get here?" Riley had been wondering for quite awhile and since the skeletons wouldn't let her do any work today and was making her stay in bed, she might as well. They'd been taking shifts watching her, now it was Classic's turn. The lazy skeleton shrugged in his chair, sockets closed. "not much to tell. was on my way to another au and the machine malfunctioned. sent me here." She sighed. "I'm honestly afraid I was somehow the cause of your transportation here.." He opened a socket. "how's that?" She played with her blanket. "As stupid as it sounds, I wished you all were real.. next thing I know, you're here.. I feel so bad. I know how it is in your worlds.. how could I make such a selfish wish?" He sat up, resting his chin on his intertwined phalanges. "wanna know the way i see it?" She glanced up nervously. "How's that?"
"you're a lonely kid looking for friends. you had know clue this was gonna happen and it happened. now you're trying to help us get back. that's what counts." He winked at her. She blushed.

♡♡♡

Classic shortcutted into his lab. Ink had asked him to go to Newtale to settle a dispute. He sighed. It sucked being the original. He turned the dials to Newtale's au code. The machine shocked him. He cursed, shaking his hand. Was it just him or did hew see some of his counterparts? He shook his skull. "just overtired man." He assured himself. He started up the machine. It was supposed to open a portal, not tear with green magic. "oh f-" He was pulled through. When the world stopped spinning around him he saw a beautiful night sky and other skeletons. He recognized Reaper, Raven, Epic, TK, and Alpha immediately. Had the same thing happened to them? "where are we?" A girl whirled around. "No way.." She seemed utterly shocked. What had I just gotten myself into?

♡♡♡

"classic! reaper won't let me cook!" TK came running in. "What do you want to cook?" Riley asked before Classic could say anything. "a quiche, just for you!" She smiled fondly and put a hand on his head. "How about we save that. We can make it together? It'll be fun." His sockets went wide. "ok! i look forward to that!" He dashed off. "you handled that well." She chuckled. "TK and I get along well. That's all." His soul swelled and he looked away. "yeah.. i see that." Realization crossed her face. "Reaper cooking? I was under the impression he didn't like me."
"oh you know reaper. his emotions are kinda.."
"Shattered? From his missing soul pieces."
"yeah." He paused a moment. "but even he was worried when you went missing."
"I should've said something about that sooner. I'm sorry."
"meh. you're ok now, so no biggie. epic's replacing your locks and raven and tk are taking the couch from now on to keep an eye on you.. in case it happens again." She looked away, blushing again.

♡♡♡

"I've played the game before.. I never could play genocide.. I couldn't kill all the monsters I've fallen in love with. You, Papyrus, Toriel, Undyne, Alphys.. I couldn't kill such amazing people.. even if I had no clue you all were real at the time. After I finished the True Pacifist route, I stopped playing, in hopes that I'd somehow given you your happy ending." Riley finished. "heh. the thought is appreciated, really. if it really worked that way, uh.." He started blushing. "...you'd be my favorite player." She blushed too. "That's a sweet thing to say, Sans.. what is it like in your world for real? The pacifist route I mean.. I'd rather not speak of the.. other route.."
"pap really is just the coolest. i watched tk play the game on your computer. he's not that oblivious. some things go over his head, but he is aware of the timelines like i am.. that started after the disbelief papyrus au. undyne and alphys are together, have been since the timelines and aus began. tori is a good old lady who's always thinking of chara and asriel. i could never tell her her son is evil incarnate. asgore really is just a big, fluffy pushover." She giggled. "I imagine."