Confessions

Y/n Pov:

I couldn't sleep. I had too many things on my mind. Recently my friends had been talking about me and Sirius getting together. They even said he had a crush on me! I couldn't stand it, but I was secretly hoping Sirius had a crush on me like they were all saying.

I had secretly had a crush on Sirius since our second year. He looked more mature, given that he was the eldest. Turning 13 that November 3, he hit puberty before the other boys.

It wasn't only his dashing beauty that captivated me; it was too his kindness and how he could make me laugh or smile in every situation. How he comforted me when dark times were ahead, and how he suggested becoming an animagi for his friend. 

I sighed as I rolled out of bed, knowing I wouldn't be able to sleep. I put on a pair of cosy slippers, my quidditch jumper and some sweatpants, since November was just ending. I then cautiously walked out of the girls' dorms and out of the common room.

I thought of walking to my comfort place, the black lake, but there was a high chance someone would find me, so instead, I went to the Astronomy Tower.

Cliché, I know, but looking at the stars calms me, and even though the Ravenclaw common room has stars on its ceiling, the cold air just calms me even more.

I looked at the stars peacefully for what felt like half an hour, when I heard footsteps coming up onto the Astronomy Tower. I panicked and silently, but quickly hid behind some tables. The person would surely see me if it was daytime, but since it was night and I was wearing a blue jumper and black sweatpants, I prayed they wouldn't see me.

When the person reached the top of the stairs, I couldn't recognize them, but as they stepped closer to the edge, the moonlight iluminated their features and I could see who it was.

Sirius Black, my best friend and crush.

"Sirius?" I quietly said.

"Y/n? Is that you?" he asked.

"Yes," I said, coming closer, letting the moon illuminate me. "It's me."

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"I could ask you the same thing," I replied.

"I asked first," he said.

"Merlin you sound like a five year old," I replied.

He sighed and lightly chuckled.

"I couldn't sleep and this was the least noticeable place, or so I thought," I answered his question.

He looked at me, and then looked back at the moon.

"Same, I've been having some problems lately," he spoke.

"Is it your parents again? Or is it Regulus?" I asked leaning on the edge, much like him.

"I've been having love problems," he said, looking down.

I raised my eyebrows in shock as my heart shattered.

He likes someone 

Of course he does, you're like a sister to him Y/n, he couldn't like you

I tried to play it cool.

"You? Love problems? You're like the most popular boy at Hogwarts! How could you have love problems?" I asked.

He looked at me, and then looked back.

"We tease each other, and are friends, but everytime I try and flirt with her, she rejects me," he said looking down.

I thought for a moment. I liked him, no, I loved him, seeing him so heart-broken made me sad, and what made me more sad was that he liked someone, but being the good friend I am, I decided to helped him. I only wanted him to be happy, no matter with whom.

"Have you thought about telling her?" I said. "Maybe she doesn't realize you're flirting with her in a romantic way since you tease each other."

His face lit up. He looked at me.

"D'you think she'll like me back?" he asked me.

"Who wouldn't?" I replied. "You're smart, funny, brave, kind and many more! Any girl would be as lucky as a four-leaf clover to have you."

He smiled at me.

"Ok, I'll tell her, one problem is, how to tell her?" he said.

I hummed while thinking.

"Easy, practice on me," I said.

"Ok, here I go," he said, inhaling and then exhaling.

He walked over to me, grabbed my hands and softly said:

"There's something I've been wanting to tell you for a while now, I love you"

I blushed madly.

"There you go," I said. "You can tell her in the morning!"

"There'll be no need for that," he smirked.

"What, why?" I asked.

"I can't believe you're a Ravenclaw! You're so oblivious!" he said.

"Hey! I'm not oblivious, I just don'y understand why won't you tell her?" I said.

"Y/n, I won't need to tell her, because I just did," he said smirking.

My slow brain took five seconds to process this new piece of information.

"Wait, what?" I asked.

"I love you, Y/n," he said coming closer.

I blushed intensely as he cupped my cheek with one hand.

"I love you too," I said in an almost whisper.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" he asked.

I nodded softly.

"I will kiss you now," he said.

"I'd be ok with that," I replied.

He pulled me closer and pecked me softly. I didn't have time to kiss back, so when he pulled away, I pulled him back in, and we shared another soft kiss, but this time, it was longer.