Let's Cut A Deal, Information For Life (Brant)

This isn't the beginning. What Fintan and I are doing isn't a new plan, just our own side plan. We never thought that we'd have to tell anyone but it should keep me alive right now.

"Listen, Forkle. You don't want to do this. I have information that can save lives, I just have one request." 

With a Councillor here this is going to be a more interesting conversation.

"I'm listening, Brant."

"What?! Why are you listening to him? He's going to get us killed! He helped kill Kenric!" Councillor Oralie pleads hysterically.

"Kenric isn't dead." I say simply.

The Councillor looks up at me like I'm crazy.

"If you listen I can tell you all of this! But we don't have time to debate this!" I warn waving my hand and stubby arm around as if to say, 'so make a choice before we all DO die!'

Councillor Oralie nods weakly and Mr. Forkle raises and eyebrow.

"Where should I start?"

"The beginning is always a good place to start a hard story, Brant. But make it quick so we don't get crushed under any debris." Mr. Forkle says calmly.

"Well the beginning was when I manifested. It was never something that I expected, to be a Pyrokinetic. I was told to say I was Talentless, and who was I to defy the Council?"

Oralie visibly cringes.

"I mean no disrespect Councillor Oralie." I apologize before continuing, "I was already in love with Jolie before I manifested. When I found Fintan, he said her could help me."

"Don't talk about him like he's a hero!" Oralie cried. "He murdered Kenric!"

"Oralie, I know that's what you think, that's what everyone is supposed to believe. It was his own request. Fintan saved Kenric the same way he saved himself. You don't have to believe me but I assure you, it's the truth. So, as I said, Fintan said he could help me. He did just that. I learned well to control my ability as a Pyrokinetic and no one knew I was one. I only joined the Neverseen to cover Fintan, and his real cause that we're working for, and right now you are my ticket out of the Neverseen, if you just listen. It's unfortunate, though, how much our temper can affect our ability. That's what happened the day Jolie died, she was accusing me of being committed to the Neverseen and I kept telling her I wasn't with the Neverseen for THEIR cause I was with them to help towards my cause and I wouldn't cross the hard lines. She was consistent trying to get me to leave them and I wanted to leave so bad, but they would come after me and Fintan would get punished." I shake my head at myself. "I lost my temper and the flames just wouldn't stop. I tried to control them, to save her but I couldn't. That's why my sanity is cracked, I'm holding myself together so I can prove that I wasn't doing what she thought. I feel the guilt everyday. For Fintan's healing and break he was hiding the Neverseen so his final plan AGAINST them would be able to happen. For the healing he knew everyone would get out safely and he did a trick to save himself and Kenric. We told Kenric about our plan and have never taken him near the Neverseen. He chose to stay 'dead' until the time was right, he wants to help with our plan." I finish.

"What is the endgame of this plan?" Mr. Forkle asks as Oralie wipes away her tears.

"Rights. The same rights for everyone, Talentless, Pyrokinetics, Shades, everyone. Fintan and I have a small band of Pyrokinetics who are unregistered and we're all working toward a change for good. Please believe this and help me with this one thing."

Mr. Forkle and Oralie nod.

"I need you to forge my death, make it seem believable that I'm dead. Don't tell anyone I'm still alive. Please. And I need a pathfinder, any pathfinder to anywhere."

After a small discussion they agree and Mr. Forkle gives me his pathfinder. 

"Wait, I have one final request to add to the deal. In one week at sunset, meet me outside the Wanderling Woods. I want to see Kenric, and help you with this plan in any way I can." Oralie pleads.

"Of course, Oralie. Having a Councillor helping our cause will be more than enough help. I also assume the Black Swan will be a trustworthy back up as well?" I say turning the crystal getting ready to leap.

Mr. Forkle nods.

Oralie, to my surprise, gives me a hug in thanks.

I go to hide in a corner as I watch them set up the plan of feigning my death.

As soon as the rock shatters I see Gethen with a sword ready to attack Oralie.

I try my telekinesis.

Mr. Forkle jumps in front of Oralie taking the sword for her.

Gethen leaves it at that and leaves.

A silent tear slides down my face.

He helped me fake my death and was rewarded by death itself.

I shake my head to clear it before leaping away.