1. Curiousity of a Man.

Ever since last week, my life has felt so slow. Slower than it takes for Mr. Kaeya to grade my work for homeroom.

A single second feels like 30 minutes, a minute feels like an hour, and an hour feels like 27 days. You get the gist.

School and life, in general, have been so incredibly boring that I'm not even looking forward to anything, and I mean anything.

Not the school dance next month, not my parents' 14th marriage anniversary, not even my little sister, Qiqi's 9th birthday party.

Okay, maybe I do care about my sister's birthday, but that's about it.

And thank archons I'm not the only one thinking that. One of my only friends, Chongyun, thought the exact same. There was nothing for him to do, other than to find evil spirits to exorcise and do some lovey-dovey stuff with his boyfriend, but that's just how couples function, I suppose.

But one day, that all suddenly changed. A bright light had been turned on, you can say.

Because low and behold, this small cheerful boy came into my homeroom class two weeks ago.

I can vividly remember what he looked like since it was engraved in my head ever since.

He was short; I couldn't tell if he was shorter or taller than me. His eyes were aqua green, which was probably contacts or something. He had black braided hair that faded into sky blue at the ends. An unusual haircut, but looked surprisingly good. The boy had a flower in his hair, and from what it looked like, it appeared to be a Cecilia. He was wearing a simple white collared shirt with a necklace, I couldn't see what the necklace had on it, however.

He looked different. Somewhat new other than the usual basic kids I'd see walking around every day. And that's probably why he caught my eye.

Mr. Kaeya introduced him as the new kid from out of town. Everyone also had his eyes on him, everyone wanted to see what in the world this new kid had to offer.

Then, Mr. Kaeya let him pick a seat, and the boy coincidently ended up choosing the seat right in front of me. I tried to pay attention to the rest of Mr. Kaeya's class and brush the thoughts of the new kid aside. My grades were more important than the weird new kid anyways.

"Well, if you want to talk to him, then go talk to him! Your not gonna die from saying a simple hi, y'know?" Hu Tao says while taking a bite of the sandwich her parents packed her. It's only been 2 weeks since I met this strange new kid, and I already made the mistake of telling my friend Hu Tao about him. "But I mean, if you do, I can prepare you a grave if you'd like~!" She added smugly. I rolled my eyes.

"You know I'm not the most social person. My social anxiety still exists." I reply, putting my head on the lunch table. "Look, just forget about it, getting his attention is not my top priority anyway."

"Aw man, you promised me this school year you'd make one new friend, your such a part pooper.." Hu Tao pouted dramatically.

"I didn't think you were being serious about it. I mean, your never completely serious." I add, taking a small bite of my school lunch.

"Hey! I can be serious! Remember that one time you were getting picked on in middle school? I beat their butts!" Hu Tao defended, giving me an offended look.

"That was self-defense, not seriousness, stupid," I reply.

"Hmph.. do you even know this boy's name though?" Hu Tao asked.

"Hmm... Uhm, no, I don't think so. It started with a V, that's all I can remember at the moment." I answer back, continuing to eat my school lunch.

"Then you should ask for his name! That's a great way to kick off a friendship!" Hu Tao said cheerfully. I roll my eyes. Me? Having friends? Who does this girl think I am, a movie protagonist?

"It's a no. I don't wish for any more friends. Three is enough." I say, crossing my arms.

"Awww.. please? I'll do your homework for you!" Hu Tao bribed.

"No, I already have A's, there's no point for you to do my work," I answer. She puts down her sandwich and intertwines her fingers together, giving me a "cute and innocent" look so I'd be convinced. Her family legit runs a funeral home, how can I think she's innocent when she probably has 15 designs for my casket?

"Well, how about I talk to him first?" Hu Tao offered. I thought about it for a second. Hu Tao was pretty good with social interaction, then there's me, who has a mini panic attack every time I talk to a new person.

"Hmm.. uh, fine," I responded coldly. I see her eyes shine and glimmer.

"Yay! What does he look like again?" Hu Tao asked, smiling like a 6-year-old when they get a piece of candy they want.

"Black braided hair that fades into blue, aqua eyes, short, and a flower in his hair." I only told her the features that made him stand out and easy to identify through the crowded classrooms and hallways of this hellhole we call "school."

"Braided hair.. aqua eyes.. okay! I got it! I'll try finding him either today or tomorrow." Hu Tao responded, picking up her sandwich and continuing to eat it.

"Thanks, but for the love of the archons, don't go and mention my name in front of him, okay? I'll legit pass away if you do that." I say, passing Hu Tao a cold glare because I know she'll do it anyway.

"Okay, I'll prepare your casket, just in case!" Hu Tao chuckled. See what I mean? I'm only 17 and she's planning my death. Great.