5. Honest to your Heart.

Knock knock knock.

"Might... Zhongli? Can you go get the door, hun?" I heard my Pa tell my Da. My Da was cleaning the dishes since my Pa refused to do it because he wanted to "relax." Not like my Da cared, at least it was something for him to do. Or maybe it was because he didn't want to hear my Pa nag anymore, which is understandable. My Pa is like a grown-up 5-year-old sometimes.

"No, I am already occupied, Ajax." My Da replied, glancing from the dishes and instead at Pa.

"Ugh, I'll just go get it instead," I say, getting up from the couch and heading over to the front door. I open the door and low and behold, there she is, like usual, being later than expected.

"Heya! Goodness, I thought you guys were going to leave me out there!" Hu Tao complained, crossing her arms playfully.

"I will slam this door in your face, dead meat," I respond coldly, rolling my eyes.

"Woah, so rude! I guess your parents didn't teach you any manners, hmph!" Hu Tao huffed, stepping inside my house like it was her own. I sigh and head over to my room, Hu Tao following right behind me, as energetic as ever. I walk over to my bed and collapse onto it. Hu Tao chuckled at that and sat on my bed right beside me.

"So.. What do you need? A babysitter? A coffin? I'll give you a discount if you want one!" Hu Tao asks, energetic as always and with her questionable business decisions.

"No, no, no. I just... I just need some advice, if you could," I respond.

Okay, I know Hu Tao is one of the worst people in the world to ask for advice. That is mainly because she'll tease me to death after this. But, the two braindead lovebirds were going out together for a date today, and I couldn't get them to help me out. And no way in HELL am I asking my parents, I will rather be put in one of Hu Tao's coffins than ask them about this. I don't want to hear another cheesy love story from them. So, I made the stupid decision to ask this maniac to help me out. At least she has some experience with this type of stuff because she does have a girlfriend, surprisingly.

"Ohh... Okay! Tell away then, I'm all ears!" She said energetically, scooting closer to me. I hesitated for a split second but then sighed.

"You know Venti, right? The guy with braids who sat with us with lunch last week?" I ask, Hu Tao quickly nodding back in response. "Well, I think I may have a crush on him-"

"WHAT?! Why didn't you tell me any sooner?" Hu Tao gasped, cutting me off from my sentence. I never had a crush since middle school, which was years away. So there's no wonder why she acted like I won a million dollars.

"Because I just figured it out this week, stupid." I respond, my cheeks slowly turning more red by the second. I got up from my bed and sat down properly, so I wasn't slouching around.

"Ohh... Okay! Wait, wait, you said in the group chat you got his phone number, right?" Hu Tao asked. I simply nodded at her question. "Why don't you text him? I'll be your wingman! Wing.. woman? Yeah, wing woman!" She energetically suggested.

"Fine, just don't tease me that much, got it?" I turn to her, pulling my phone out. Hu Tao mischievously grinned at me, like the devil she is.

"Hehe... I'll try not to!" Hu Tao snickered mischievously. God, this was going to be like a Xingqiu and Chongyun all over again, and of course, I'm the victim of this teasing. I roll my eyes playfully and type in the password to my phone, then open up Venti's contact.

I decided to send him a simple hello. I could feel myself starting to sweat while typing the message. Was I that nervous to talk to him?

venti :D
oh hi, xiao!! c:

Me
How are you?

It was bland, yeah, but what do you want me to do? Do a marriage proposal right there and then?

"Gosh, your such a bland texter, Y'know that, Xiao-Xiao?" Hu Tao jokingly said, resting her head on my shoulder so she could see my phone screen better.

"Shut up, you text like your high on some shit," I respond, glancing at her. Hu Tao laughed at my comment.

"Well, I just have a bunch of energy and I want to share it with you! You text like it my granny got a phone!" Hu Tao snickered. I playfully shove her aside, her continuing to giggle.

venti :D
good! wby?:]

Me
Fine, I guess.

venti :D
actually i was wondering something!!!
i have a band concert this thursday and i was wondering if u wanna come?

"Is he asking you out?!" Hu Tao gasped, looking at my phone and then at me.

"No, he's just asking me if he'd like to hangout, theres a difference, dimwit." I reply, my face turning a little bit red. Hu Tao chuckled, seeming amused about how easy it was to tease me.

Me
Yeah, sure.

venti :D
okay!!
its going to be at the windblume auditorium at 6:30pm, i recommend coming early cuz its easier to get a seat :p

Me
Okay, thanks.

venti :D
no problemo!!!
aw crud, i gtg, ill see you tomorrow xiao :D

Me
Oh, okay, bye.

"That was.. something, I guess!" Hu Tao says, laughing right after. "I bet he thought you were using text to speech to type!"

"Wh- He wouldn't-!" I say, my face lightly flushed from embarrassment, and maybe from slight butterflies. Hu Tao crackled at my response.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding, no need to be so dense, Xiao-Xiao." Hu Tao chuckled, looking at me directly. "I'm sure he'll want to get to know you, your amazing! A little grumpy, but in a good way!" Hu Tao said, pinching at my flushed cheeks.

"Thanks, Tao," I say, slightly smiling back at her. I guess this is what having feelings for someone feels like after all, huh?