💋𝟒𝟓.

"Can U Help Me. . ."
-Usher💋

Chapter 45:

August

Sitting on the couch in his living room alone, August found himself wallowing in deep depression as he smoked and drank his pain away, while staring at an ultrasound photocopy of his unborn baby who was no longer of existence

Ariel had given it to him when she was only six weeks pregnant, and August had always kept the copy in his wallet taking it everywhere he went as a small reminder that no matter how evil and dangerous his world of crime had become, there was always an innocent life to shed light upon him to lead him through the darkness.

The disappointment and sorrow that he felt couldn't be explained, and it was hard for him to fathom all that he had lost. The family that he was slowly building had been quickly destroyed, and now that Ariel had officially giving up on them, August felt more alone than he could have ever imagined.

He had been numb for so long, just constantly moving throughout life without any regard, but since he had nothing but time on his hands to sit and dwell on his current circumstances, he was mourning heavily. Feeling the pain beyond measure.

There was a part of him that blamed Ariel for being so careless, but the other part of him knew that he was just as much as responsible for the unfortunate tragedy. He had been absent and just as neglectful, always putting forth his own needs.

All of the stress and discomfort that his gang affiliated life came with, was way too much of a burden to bare for anyone to deal with, including for her while being pregnant. Now, her family had been targeted by the beef, forcing their love affair to be of no more.

Tears poured from his bloodshot red eyes as he stroked the ultrasound picture with his thumb, and his heart beats wildly within his chest as devastation consumed him.

He took a swig from the liquor bottle and placed the picture on the coffee table in front of him, then picked up his gun as mixed thoughts of Ariel flooded his mind. He pondered on the last conversation that he had shared with her at her apartment, and decided that it was for the best if they went their separate ways.

They had both came to a mutual agreement that they could no longer be together, and that they were both better off without each other. The love that they shared was one of the most beautiful and rarest experience that they had ever encountered, but along came with that was also heart ache and pain.

They were two broken souls that had collided, and no amount of peace could ever come from that. They were just way too damaged at this point to be able to sustain a healthy relationship with one another, and needed some time apart in order to heal.

However, August felt that healing for him was impossible, and the gun that he gripped in his palm was the only thing he could rely on to end his suffering. He held it so tightly that his fingers felt numb. He felt his jaw quiver from the flood of sorrow that overwhelmed him and he clenched his teeth to stop himself from losing it.