Part 6

"Hey you know Peyton doing all ages night at Karen's club." I said to Nathan.

"When are you playing."

"Am not. It's one thing to olay for you but in front of a crowd, no thanks."

"Hey Nathan. A letter came for you." Whity said.

"Sweet what is it?"

"How should I know!" Whity said.

Nathan showed me the letter in the middle of the class.

"Wait high flyers? Isn't it this school you used to talj about?"

"Yeah. Every year they invite some players to work on their skills."

"And you got invited. I'm so proud of you."

"I figured what I'm going to do at the summer. I'm gonna ask Karen to live with them until you come back."

"You think Karen will agree?"

"Please. I particularly lived there before."

"You never told me how you guys met."

"Long story. Anyways. I just wish I could come to Florida with you."

"That's Brook house." Nathan said.

"Oh we didn't recognise the address. We won't buy anything." I said to Brook when she walked over to us.

"Nah. We sale my pride around eight thirty. I rather see you wear my cloths then these 50 years old women."

"Okay. I'm gonna go look around."

"This is sucks." Peyton said when the last girl finished her audition.
"Nathan sent me something." She said.

"What?" She played it and it was my song.

"Why did we even bothered doing audiences."

A boy walked in, "Isn't it the rude guy? Can you just put it over there please?" Peyton barked at him, "How many song have you written."

"A few."

"You're opening."

"No I can't. I have stage fear."

"Dude you're a cheerleader."

"I can do it in a group. Not alone."

Then this boy started playing and singing. I really enjoyed it.

"I think you just found your guy." I said to Peyton, "Wow I'm Elena, this is Peyton and that was great." I said to him.

"Yeah I know. So when I'm playing?"

"Well... 7:30?"

"You were okay." Peyton cut my words, "But we had a lot of good people today so we'll call you."

"Not Emo enough for you? Hey I heard your song. It's not bad. You pulled it off."

"Thanks." I said.

"Chris Keller." He said.

"Elena Miller." I smiled at him and he walked away.

"Are you out of your mind? He clearly the best."

"Yeah he's good. But he's a jerk."

"Peyton, you're not dating him. Just put the club first."

"That's what I'm doing. I want you to do it. Just think about it okay?"

"You should have not send this to Peyton." I said to Nathan.

"She liked it didn't she?"

"Yeah. But I'm mad."

"Elena, you wouldn't hear this from me. But you're good. Besides I'm supposed to believe in you when you don't believe in yourself. That's what you always done from me."

"Okay I'm not mad anymore." I smiled.

"So you'll play?"

"Maybe when you'll get back from camp."

"Yeah about that. I didn't get in."

"But they said it was a sure thing."

"Yeah but it turned up they made a mistake and they need to give it to someone else."

"Oh Nate. I'm so sorry."

"Me too. But now you can play your music. And tell me this long story you have to tell me."

"Me and Luke?"

"Yeah."

"Nathan I..."

"I wanna hear."

I sat on the floor. "Okay. Do you remember our fight, around the beginning of first grade?"

"Yeah."

"I went to buy a hot chocolate that day. In Karen's cafe. And then Lucas walked in. With a basketball. He sat next to a small girl, Haley, who read a book. I walked over to them and said hi." I chuckled, "Haley screamed at me. She was really angry."

"Why?" Nathan asked.

"That's what I asked her. She said that they know I'm your friend and that you're Lucas's brother and they don't like you. I was confused. I came home that day and asked my mom about it. She said it's true but I shouldn't talk to them again. I didn't understand why but I said okay. The next day I came to your house. You play with some boys I think Tim was there too. I asked to talk to you." Tears filled my eyes, "You agreed and we walked away from the rest. I explained to you that I was really hurt. You didn't care. I think your exact words was 'I'm sorry. But I can't change it.' I remember looking at you and feeling like shit. You walked away from me and I remember feeling that my other half just disappeared. Again, I went to buy a hot chocolate. This time Haley wasn't there but Luke was. I sat in the corner and cried quietly. He came over to me and asked me if I wanna play with him. I said yes and that's it." I wiped away my tears and chuckled, "he probably won't admit it but I think I might be his best friend. Probably more then Haley."

"Elena I'm so sorry. I don't really remember it."

"I didn't think you would. But it's okay. If you wouldn't done that I wouldn't be friends with Lucas and then you wouldn't be my husband."