Chapter Twenty-One - Paramedics

TRIGGER WANRING - THIS CHAPTER WILL CONTAIN: VIOLENCE, SUICIDE ATTEMPT, SELF HARM, GORE, PANIC ATTACKS

THE ENTIRETY OF THIS CHAPTER IS IN DOM'S P.O.V.

AGAIN, THIS CHAPTER GETS INCREDIBLY HEAVY. READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION.

enjoy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I only got a couple more punches in on Gavin before Tom and Ben held me back; Adam rushed into Y/N's room, the door was surprisingly unlocked.

"YOU FUCKING DISGUST ME! YOU KNOW WHAT KIND OF SHIT THEY'VE BEEN THROUGH, WHAT THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN TELLING THEM THAT'S MAKING THEM FEEL SO HORRIBLE AND WHY? SERIOUSLY, WHAT THE FUCK?! GET THE FUCK OUT BEFORE I DO MORE THAN BREAK YOUR FUCKING JAW, YOU PIECE OF SHIT!" I started screaming at Gavin, fighting against Tom and Ben.

Gavin's smirk morphed into a look of regret, guilt, and terror as he looked through Y/N's open door. He cut me off, turning to make eye contact with me from his place on the floor.

"CALL 999! NOW! Fuck, I didn't realize how bad off they were, I'm so fucking sorry!" He shouted, tears springing to his eyes before running down his face and mixing with the blood running from his nose.

The second I heard 'call 999,' my entire body froze. I fought harder against Tom and Ben, finally escaping their grip. I rushed into Y/N's room, finding Adam on the floor with them in their bathroom, his hands covered in blood. I looked over at Y/N: their eyes were half-lidded, their arms were absolutely pouring out blood from two huge, vertical cuts up each forearm, there were multiple empty painkillers and prescribed medication bottles on the floor, a few pills and capsules scattered around them. Adam was trying desperately to stop the bleeding, screaming at Y/N to stay conscious. I kneeled beside them, repeating what Gavin had said to do before I rushed into the room. I checked Y/N's pulse; it was there, but it was faint and fading fast. I quickly took over for half of what Adam was trying to do, taking a towel from their bathroom and pressing it as hard as possible against the laceration on their left arm; Adam swiftly began doing the same on their right arm with a new towel, the one he had been using was blood-soaked. Tom and Ben rushed in next, shortly followed by Gavin and, after a few minutes, a horde of paramedics. They took Y/N out of Adam and I's grip, quickly getting them onto a stretcher and into the ambulance parked outside. I followed after them, trying to get into the ambulance with them. I was stopped by one of the paramedics holding me back.

"Are you part of their immediate family?" I was asked; fuck, how do I answer that?

"Jean, let him on, I heard about their case about a month ago. He's the closest they've got to immediate family," Another paramedic cut in from the back of the ambulance; thank fuck.

I rushed in, sitting down right next to the stretcher as paramedics surrounded Y/N, shouting tons of medical shit that I didn't understand. I took my inhaler out of my pocket and swiftly began using it; I could feel an asthma attack coming on from the panic that was currently engulfing me. Once I was finished with it, I put my inhaler away, placing my face in my hands as I sobbed, screaming at myself in my head. Goddammit, I should have seen the fucking signs. I could have prevented this if I had just paid more attention to them once I noticed something was off about how they were acting.

I have no idea how long we were in that ambulance, but the second we got to the hospital, they were rushed straight into the ER. This time, I knew I couldn't go with them. I stopped in the waiting room, throwing myself into one of the uncomfortable chairs and resuming my onslaught of sobs. Shortly after, Ben, Adam, Tom, and surprisingly Gavin showed up. Adam had changed clothes; his other clothes probably had blood on them, like mine currently do. Ben approached me first, pulling me up and into the tightest hug I'd possibly ever received, shortly followed by Tom, then Adam, then Gavin, who seemed hesitant. After about twenty-something minutes, Davey showed up, too; someone must have told him what happened.

We must have all sat there for hours before anyone else even approached us; I had even fallen asleep for a bit shortly after Davey showed up. Finally, a doctor approached us; what I could see of his face held a solemn expression. Fuck, please don't tell me-

"They're alive, but their condition is in no way stable. At the moment, though, they are alive. I'm sorry, but we have no idea when or if they'll wake up soon, but, you may go see them now. They're in room 202," The doctor quickly summarized the situation before walking away.

I was the first to begin rushing to the room number they gave us, everyone else hot on my tail. Upon reaching the room, I hesitated; I can't tell if I'm ready to see the aftermath of this.

"...Want me to go in with you?" Tom asked, standing next to me and placing a hand on my left shoulder.

I nodded, feeling my hands begin to shake with nerves as Tom opened the door. We both stepped in, Tom closing the door behind us; no one else came in, I guess they all wanted me to have some time by myself, or at least close to it. I looked over to their hospital bed, feeling my heart somehow shatter even more. There were so many different things attached to and surrounding them; they didn't even look like themself. Thick bandages were wrapped around both of their arms (which had presumably been stitched or stapled up), an IV was sticking out of the top of their left hand, they were hooked up to both heart and brain monitors (which both displayed concerningly low numbers in red), an oxygen tube was placed in their nose, and their lips and what I could see of the inside of their partially open mouth was stained black, signifying to me that their system had been completely wiped out with charcoal. My hands shot up to cover my mouth as I looked at them, tears once again pricking my eyes before waterfalling down my cheeks, hitting my hands as they fell. Tom dragged a chair over to their bedside for me to sit in, which I did. As I sat down, I grabbed their right hand (which was thankfully not hooked up to anything) in both of my shaky hands, pressing it against my forehead as I came to lean on the edge of the bed. I felt Tom's arms wrap around me from behind as loud, harsh sobs wracked my entire body. I heard the door open and four sets of footsteps approached me and Tom. I heard a chair get dragged over to the right of my own. Someone sat down in it, putting an arm around me, rubbing my back as I let out all of the negativity in my body.

I have no idea how long we were all in that position, but once I finished my crying and looked back at everyone, they were all in tears, as well, even Gavin; Adam, who had been the one sat on my right, was nearly as bad as I was, but he was able to stem his tears as I calmed down. I took a deep, shaky breath before looking back up to the monitors Y/N was hooked up to. I found myself letting out a small 'oh, thank fuck' as I saw the monitors presenting me with slightly higher, now yellow numbers instead of low red ones. I placed my head back down on top of Y/N's hand, taking another short moment to take one more deep breath.

"After I know they're gonna be okay, we need to have a long talk with you, Gavin," I turned to him, my tone somber.

"I know, I'm sorry," He replied, sounding like he genuinely felt guilty.

I nodded, turning away from him; my stomach interrupted the silence, causing me to let out a small chuckle.

"Can someone order something to eat?" I asked, watching as Ben nodded and pulled out his phone.

"Anyone craving anything in particular?" he asked, surveying the room.

"...Chinese anyone?" I asked, chuckling a bit.

"Sounds good to m-" Adam was cut off by a shrill tone raring from the other side of Y/N's hospital bed.

Their brain activity monitor was flatlining.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

word count: 1422

already have chapter 22 ready to go, be on the lookout for it ;) please vote and comment if you enjoyed!