Golden Opportunities

For the past few months, life has brought me nothing but smiles and beautiful memories with my significant other and my family. I'd never trade these moments for anything. We'd work on both our final projects together, while at the same time I'd accompany her to see her therapist, Doctor Allison. She's doing great, coping with everything with me by her side. I admire her strength honestly, Isabelle possess some unique strengths that help guide her in life, I'm more than honoured to have been blessed with her. She reminds me of mother most of the time, how she cheers me up when I'm tired from typing and editing my project, how she cares and clings to me, just like mom used to. Sometimes I would have this silly thought of mother's soul being reincarnated in Isabelle's body but that's completely absurd, I'm just very lucky.

Well, I no longer go by the name Jamal Russo Bentivoglio, that was mother's surname. I remember just telling people my name was Jamal Russo, unattaching the Bentivoglio, I honestly wanted nothing to do with the family that banished my mother, apparently they're a popular Italian monarchs but that's really none of my business right now. My father and I decided to change my name, I'm his only heir and he wants the public to acknowledge that. I was more than okay with it, I felt more complete having him by my side, not because of the immense wealth he has but because I'd always shut the idea of me having a father out meanwhile I'd always crave for it deep inside me. Even though I'm not a kid anymore and he won't have to attend all my basketball games, we are happily doing grown up stuff. Drinking away our thoughts, playing basketball together, he's actually very good, certainly where I got my own talent from and spending quality time together. He makes time to come to Minneapolis to spend time with us, everyone's getting along pretty well.

I go by the name Jamal Ericson Johnson now, we had tons of paperwork to do but it was worth it. Isabelle and I have decided to plan our wedding when we've finally graduated, which is happening tomorrow. We have decided to move to Chicago, after the wedding that dad had tried to convince me to let him shoulder but I and Isabelle want it to totally be on us. It's our wedding after all, I have some savings even though not much, and I could pitch in to what Isabelle's bringing too. My father's wealthy, doesn't mean I am. Yeah, he can help me in times of need of course, but I'd love to make my own wealth and fame and that could be done in Chicago, there are more opportunities for us there and besides, Isabelle applied for the FBI and the CIA as an undercover agent in Chicago so we are indeed bound to move and start a new chapter together.

Right now I'm outside my project supervisor's office, Mrs Kendall. She had called me in earlier this morning to come by 5:00pm and here I am, waiting patiently for her. I had some issues trying to finish my project, I mean it's basically about myself but the ending I gave to it wasn't precise. It's not what happened to me just hopefully what I wish would happen, maybe the final chapter didn't add up so that's probably why she called me in today to talk about it. But if she didn't approve of my project she would have called me in days ago, it's probably something else that I can't pin point.

" She'll see you now" Mrs Kendall's secretary says to me nicely and I hastily get off my seat, thanking her as I walk into Mrs Kendall's office to meet Mrs Kendall with a male companion seated on a sofa. " Good evening Ma'am" I greet as I step in with her secretary closing the door behind me. " Jamal, I'm so glad you could come today, have a seat. This is my husband, James" She introduces while they both get up to shake my hand, her husband looks oddly familiar. " Good evening sir" I respond.

" It's nice to finally meet you Jamal" he answers with a smart smile and we all take our seats. " Well Jamal I don't know how you'll take this news but.." I knew it. " I am so sorry Mrs Kendall, I know how I ended my project was not the ideal way but that's what I envision for myself, so I made it like that, even though it doesn't come to pass" I cut her off and they both pass me a questioning look. " Jamal that's not why you're here" Mrs Kendall responds with a laugh. " Your project was excellent, if it wasn't then you wouldn't have made that presentation"