9 Months Later

9 Months Later

Star Labs

Barry woke up on in a shock jumping up onto the cold floor. Barry was topless and was attached to a modified heart rate monitor. He pulled of the straps on his chest as he looked at his surroundings. He was in a dark blue room with a glass screen in front of him and metal door on the right wall. Barry looked out through the glass screen seeing medical equipment everywhere. Suddenly Barry heard a voice come through the speaker.

"Hey Barry looks like your awake, how are you feeling?" The voice questioned. Barry looked around replying that he felt fine. The metal door opened, and Silas Stone walked into the room putting out his hand for Barry to shake. Barry shook his hand as they walked out of the room together. They walked into the massive room that was destroyed. Silas knew Barry had a lot of question, so he encouraged him to ask them.

"First big fan, where am I? How long was I out? And where is everyone?" Barry asked quickly concerned to know the answer. Silas sighed as he looked around the room.

"You are in Star labs. You were knocked unconscious for 9 months when you were hit by a lightning bolt caused by the explosion of the particle accelerator." Silas explained. Barry looked at Silas before confirming he said 9 months. Barry put his hands on his head panicked before he rushed out of Star labs running back to the West household. In the blink of and eye he was outside the front door. Barry looked around confused, before he could work out what happened the door opened Iris and Joe rushing out to hug Barry. Barry, Joe and Iris went inside and sat down on the sofa, Joe and iris filling Barry in on what had happened while he was in the coma. After a while of talking Barry and Iris left as they had to go back to their own homes. Iris drove Barry to his apartment seeing him to his door to make sure he got back alright. He shut the door and walked straight to the kitchen. He looked in the freezer but couldn't find anything. He ordered a lot of food as he felt so hungry. Barry not wanting to go to sleep stayed awake flipping through the channels on his TV until he reached the news channel. He saw Supergirl giving an interview with the Daily Planet explaining who she was and how she wants to help people. After a while of watching TV Barry realised it was 7am and not having anything better to do decided to go see how the CCPD was going. He walked into the CCPD and immediately Joe asked him why he was there. Barry reassured Joe he was just there to see how everything was going. Barry looked around to see everyone working, Barry saw someone he didn't recognize and asked Joe who it was. Joe told Barry that was his new csi partner that captain Singh hired while Barry was in his coma. Barry sighed as he saw some officers bringing in a criminal. As they sat the criminal down, he went to grab the officer's gun. As Barry saw the criminal pick up the gun he reacted running at the criminal. To his surprise the criminal slowed down as Barry got to him taking the gun out of his hand with ease and pushing him back down into the chair. Barry looked around seeing everyone was moving slowly. He ran back over to Joe as everyone returned to normal as papers flew everywhere and the officers subdued the criminal, taking him to a holding cell. Joe asked Barry if he was alright. Barry looked around confused at what just happened before he left informing Joe he was fine. Barry headed to Star Labs where he saw Silas sitting staring at a screen drinking whisky. Barry walked in demanding to know what happened to him. Silas put down his whisky and turned to face Barry. He brought him to screen that had recording of a heartbeat on it. Silas informed Barry that these were his vitals while he was in the coma. The heartbeat reading showed Barry's heart was beating at 150 beat per minute when it was resting. Barry looked at Silas looking to see if he had an answer for what that meant. Silas asked Barry to come with him asking him some question on if he experienced anything weird over the past day. Barry answered informing Silas he had experiencing weird moments where time slows down for him. Silas gave a confused but curious look asking Barry to step onto the treadmill. Barry stepped on the treadmill, and it started to move causing Barry to start to run. As soon as Barry started to run, he felt time slow down again, he carried on running as the treadmill got faster and faster. Silas stood on the outside upping the speed of the treadmill as Barry matched the kept matching the speed. Silas looked up as Barry met the max speed of the treadmill, all he could see was Barry's top half as his legs had become a blur. Silas told Barry to stop through the speakers as the treadmill slowed down allowing Barry to get off safely. Barry walked away from the treadmill and back into the room Silas was in. He asked him how it went, Silas looked at him was smile gesturing towards the monitor as a reply played showing Barry running on the treadmill. Barry watched the footage confused at what this meant.

"So, I'm fast?" Barry questioned as he looked back at Silas. Silas gave him an approving nod as they both pondered what this meant and what else Barry could do. Silas took Barry over top a medical bay where he took some of Barry blood to scan and see why he had super speed. Silas told Barry it would take some time, so Barry went out to meet Iris at her work. Iris had recently become a reporter at Central City Picture News. She had always wanted to become a reporter finally finishing journalism school while Barry was in his coma. As Barry got to the office he walked to Iris's desk while she was writing down notes in her notepad. As Barry reached her desk, he knocked on the hard oak getting iris's attention. Iris looked up at Barry with a confused but pleased look on her face. "Lunch?" Barry asked the confused Iris. Iris gasped getting up grabbing her bag. She had clearly forgot but was ready to go anyway. They walked to a local sandwich shop walking down the road after they got their food. As they walked down the street chatting, they walked past a bank. The alarms were going off as it was being robbed. A man ran out of the bank with a ski mask on his arms were covered in tattoos with bags of money in his hands. He rushed into a car chucking the money into the back and getting into the driver's seat. Barry told iris to run. As iris ran the other way Barry turned and ran towards the speeding car. Using his speed Barry easily caught up to the car, as he looked into the car, he saw the thief with his mask off. He looked at Barry confused how he was catching up with his car. He swerved the car in front of Barry causing him to slip and fall. The thief stopped the car getting out and looking at Barry.

"So, you were affected too" The criminal smileas he grabbed at the knife tattoo on his arm. To Barry's surprise the thiefpeeled off the tattoo it changing to a real knife in his hand. Before Barrycould say anything, the thief threw the knife at him. Barry narrowly dodged theknife as he moved backwards. Before either of them could make the next move,police cars could be heard travelling down the road. They looked at each otherand suddenly, the thief disappeared, and Barry was left standing alone in themiddle of the road. Barry looked around confused as the police arrived at thescene.