Part 25

The next morning the sun rose behind the clouds. It was a gloomy morning, overcast and a bit rainy. As Y/N began to open her eyes she felt something behind her. Opening her eyes and looking she noticed Steve cuddled up with her, arm around her waist, holding her hand. At first she was startled but after calming down she began to soak up the wonderful, warm feeling. She squeezed his hand a bit tighter and nuzzled back to him closing her eyes again.

Waking up a bit later she turned over and saw Steve was still there, looking at her.
"Mornin' sorry I'm still here, I just woke up." His voice deep and scratchy from just being awakened.
"No no it's okay. Thank you for staying last night, it helped a lot." She reassured him. Looking down she saw that their hands were still intertwined together.
"Oh yeah about that. That was the only way you would be calm while sleeping. I didn't want to take it away since you were still asleep."
Her heart melted at his comment. She loved him being near her, but she could never have enough confidence to say it, not after their time apart.

They both got up and Steve left to his room to get ready. Y/N took a shower and tried to shake off some feelings she had. After getting dressed she went to get some breakfast and then started training. The rest of the day was calm, the weather cleared up. But Steve was acting weird. Whenever Y/N would try to talk to him he would give short answers and walk away. It was the avoiding all over again, he wouldn't look at her, keeping his head down if she walked into a room. She felt like she did something wrong. Maybe she held his hand for too long. Maybe he wasn't comfortable staying the night. Her worries swarmed her mind.

Later that night she was in her room. Thinking about all of the possibilities to why Steve was acting like this. She was going crazy. So she decided to suck it up and go ask. Walking towards his door she felt like she had weights attached to her feet. For the first time in a long time, she was nervous to speak to him. Stopping at his door, she knocked. 1,2,3. There was movement and then the door opened. Steve stood looking at her.