Chapter Four

Hungry eyes stared at me with lust and utter disgust. I was alone and naked in a car with filth men who don't care about anyone else but themselves. It was dark in the car but their silver eyes pierced through my skin as if looking for something else. Deep inside I wished I had never left the pack, at least I would have been secure and not inside a van with people who would not hesitate a second to murder me.

'Serena!' I tried to cover myself but how could I, I had no clothes on, I was naked and afraid. I felt different, powerless. I had no energy left; I had been on the run and all my energy was fried when I fought that coward of a man. He must have been the leader of this rogue pack. I was beginning to regret running away. If my parents could see me now, well my fake parents. No, I shouldn't say that, my real parents left me on the side of the road. I didn't want to hate them, they must have had a decent reason why they did it. The bracelet was still attached to my wrist like a magnet.

I couldn't pin point why it did not break when I shifted. When I first shifted, my clothes shredded and I had to walk back to my room naked and pictures where taken of me. I was so young, they thought that I just had sex with someone, that being the reason why I had no garments on. But I was so young, how could have they thought that? A year rolled down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away not wanting these mutts seeing me show weakness. I didn't know what was to come for me, but I knew that it was not going to be a good outcome.

'Serena' Whoever my parents were I hope they had a good explanation for abandoning me and leaving me the most beautiful thing jewelry that I have ever owned. It was the purest of gold with a phrase engraved in it, "Shukrah, the strong one who desire to serve and help others" What did that mean? Shukrah? I'm pretty sure that wherever they were taking me, there weren't any libraries. Whoever my parents are, wherever they may be, I hope that they still remember me because I don't think they will be seeing much of me. I am sure that these rogues, wherever they were taking me, we're going to kill me the second we'd get there.

"What is that on your hand?" His voice was gruff like his leader, he was also bald but he was more built and much bigger, he had many tattoos but the one that intrigued me the most what the black wolf with the serpent hanging on the wolf's neck. Oh no. I was in more trouble then I ever thought. They were the second most feared rouges in the world and I had angered their leader.

They called themselves Exanime, which means soulless. The most feared were named Mortemr which means death. But the Examine were as worst as the Mortemr. The two rogue packs traded amongst each other and other packs. They traded women and children ripping their families apart. They were known for their ruthless behaviors, locking away their subjects for years and trading them, violating them and much more. I was going to be sold and traded to unknown territories. I started at the mean in shock. I was more afraid then I have ever been, I would rather die then be a slave. Oh please moon goddess help me,

"Hey mutt didn't you hear me... I said what is that?" He wrapped his hand around my hair yanking it hard. Which jerked me forward, he picked up my face in his slimy dirty hands. I spit in his face despite of my fears. My head was pounding, my fears of them killing me excelled. I'd rather them killing me then being a Zec. I was not going to be a prisoner for the rest of my life. I refuse to be in bars for the rest of my life so if forcing them to kill me before that then I'll make them kill me or do it myself.

He slapped me hard with the back of his hand. Blood crippled down my teeth out of my mouth, it hurt really badly but Serena taught me not to show weakness, it felt like I was at the hands of my previous pack once again but this was much worse. "Your lucky that our boss wants you alive. I would have killed you this instance. " he wiped the saliva off his face with the back of hand. The same hand that has surely bruised my cheek. His hand remained on my hair, he's silver eyes grew the greyest grey which meant that I had angrier his wolf.