05

"You want to know about the L/n family? Is it related to M/n?"

"Yeah"

There stood Yukio and Rin, outside by the stairway of their dorm. Today was the day of the boot camp. They both decided to meet the others while M/n told them he'll study a bit more for his English exam.

Yukio sighs, it would be good for Rin to learn but he never knew Rin would be interested in someone's background, especially someone they meet 1 month ago. Rin would usually pick fights just 3 days in with meeting someone.

'I guess he'll learn sooner or later about M/n's past. Almost every exorcist knows about his family's history'

"Alright then but make sure to listen up. I'll only tell you of what I know" Yukio says as he sees Rin nod.

"The L/n family is a prestigious family that have been in the Vatican since the beginning-" Yukio was cut off by Rin.

"There that old?!"

"Rin"

"R-Right"

"As I was saying, the family has been around for at least 3 centuries from what the Vatican knows but it is still unknown how long they have existed. The first L/n that is currently listed in the archives is called M/n L/n, just like the M/n today. Today's M/n inherited the first L/n's name but it is unknown why as it is the first time someone in the family has that name. Around the age of 6 to 7, the entire L/n family was killed, not just the main family but relatives along, only leaving M/n as the survivor" Yukio explained slow enough, making sure Rin understood.

'Sooner or later, you'll have to return home' Rin remembered what Amara told M/n. He wants to know why it's important for M/n to return to where his family died.

"Throughout time, the L/n family had 23 Paladins, 34 Arc-Knights, 31 Chancellor and so on but it is known that they have a big importance to the Vatican. Yet when the L/n massacre happened, no one knew what would happen. Once the finding of M/n's survival, he was protected by Mesphisto and the Vatican" Yukio explains as he remembered the day he and Father Shiro visited a library.

That library housed the surviving L/n, the only one that was able to use their own blood and the sun in order to fight.

He could see how those dull e/c eyes stared at him, not once moving towards them.

"Wait, Mephisto?! But M/n doesn't even know a thing about him?!" Rin asked.

"That is true but Mesphisto gave his current guardian everything he'd need to survive. Unknown to M/n, he was under 24/7 watch by familiars but when he was able to use Amara, it was okay to draw out the familiars. That is all I know but the thing is that, nobody knows what happened that night. Only M/n " Yukio explained as he spots Shiemi, Izumo, and Paku walking towards them.