☁ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

"Hey mom, we're back."

Aidan spoke, still holding my hand as we stood at the entrance, Michelle has already made her way to one of the barstools at the counter, the woman working by the oven swiftly turned around.

So naturally I took in her appearance, she had a few wrinkles on her face, platinum blonde hair, shoulder length. She held a big smile as she looked at her son, her smile only getting wider once she saw me.

"Aidan! You're finally back," the woman started as she made her way around the counter, getting closer to Aidan and I, "Oh my! You were right, she is beautiful!" his mom spoke, was she talking about me? She stared me up and down and placed a hand on my cheek, caressing it, "You must be Y/N! Aidan has told me so much about you. I'm Lauren, Aidan's mom." she beamed, before going back behind the counter, I looked at Aidan only to see his face was as red as a tomato. I giggled at his embarrassment, he turned his head and furrowed his eyebrows.

"I'm so glad to finally meet my little baby's girlfriend!" I cringed at the fact that she called him her baby, Aidan nudged me softly which made me abruptly stop. "She's not my girlfriend, mom." Aidan said, departing our hands as he walked up to the counter, sitting next to Michelle. I eternally broke. "Oh that's a shame. You two seem so close." she said, chopping up fruits on her cutting board.

I sighed soft enough for no one to hear as I advanced to the counter. I sat next to Aidan and stared at my hands, was I wasting my time chasing after someone I'll never have? I pulled out my phone, checking the time. 4:47 pm. Usually by 6 or 7 dinner starts, guess I'll be here for a while.

I put my phone away, adjusting myself so I could look 'normal' . Aidan and I wouldn't work out anyway right? With all the travels we both do there might not be enough time to have time together, we're just friends who live together.

"How about you Y/N?" a feminine voice interrupted my thoughts, "Mhm, I'm sorry what was that?" I asked embarrassed. "I wasn't really paying attention, I'm sorry." I apologized, I shouldn't be here. "It's fine dear. I was just asking who wants coffee." she said with a friendly smile. I smiled back, she was so kind, "I would love some." I replied softly, "How much sugar?" "Two please." she nodded as she walked to the cupboard, taking out mugs to make coffee in.

Just then I felt something snake on my thigh. Aidan's hand, I blushed deeply as I stared down, enjoying the feeling of being touched by him. He leaned near my ear, I felt his warm breath on my neck, "Are you okay, love?" I wanted to whimper, he called me love . How are we not a thing again?? "M-mhm." I hummed, nodding slightly, he chuckled lowly, he was going to make me lose it.

He started rubbing my thigh up and down gently, I tried desperately to listen to what his mother had to say, "So Y/N, I heard you were in Europe. What was it like there?" she asked, "Oh u-uhm, it was beautiful there. The scenery was amazing. Everyone was nice there." I rambled, thinking back to the lovely memories I had there. "Oh that sounds nice, I'm glad you enjoyed it dear." she said placing the mugs in front of us, her smile never leaving her face.

"Auntie Lauren, where's mom and dad?' Michelle asked, I had learned that she was 15, I would've guessed she was 20 or something, she looked extremely mature. "Oh they went to the store, they'll be here soon, don't worry." Lauren replied, throwing the freshly cut fruits in a bowl.

Aidan squeezed my thigh, earning my attention, what is he doing. I looked at him slightly, his face held a neutral expression as he looked at his mother. My hand reached down to grab his hand, now intertwining both our hands. I looked back at his mother as a small smile was plastered on my face, I liked this.

"Lauren, where did you put my- Oh! Hello everyone!" a man spoke as he entered the kitchen, his voice startled me a bit, Aidan found it amusing and started laughing, it was not funny. "Oh, Rob dear! This is Y/N. Aidan's friend." friend. Nice to meet you, Y/N" Rob said, holding his out for me, I took it and we shook hands briefly, "I swear I've seen you somewhere." he said as our hands parted, him walking up to his wife, "Oh yes. You're from that movie, aren't you? What was it called er... Eliott! Yes that's right." he said, holding onto his wife. "Yep, that's me!" I said laughing softly, I'm so dumb.

"So, Lauren. Where did you put my gray coat?" Rob asked his wife, "At the front door, why?" she asked, "Michael invited me to come over." Lauren's face dropped, it being the first time I see her frown.

"But we have dinner tonight, with family." she said sadly, "Come on, Lauren. Michael hasn't seen me in years, this is my only chance since he never comes to LA." Rob bribed, "Is Tammy going to be there too?" she asked, her eyes lighting up, "They never travel without one another." Rob explained.

"Oh my! I'll get my coat!" Lauren said as she quickly went out of the room dropping everything, Rob went out too, I'm assuming he went to get his coat. What just happened? I looked over to Aidan, he was on his phone.

"Sorry kids we have to go, see you later!" Lauren yelled before we heard the door close loudly. I was so confused, "What just happened?" I asked the two at the counter, "They're going to visit friends. Guess we're on our own." Aidan said looking to me, he flashed a smile.

I heard a bar stool creak, Michelle got up and she was walking up stairs. Please no, don't leave me alone with Aidan- "What do you think of them?" Aidan asked softly.

"Who?"