Good Night

"Elena?" Klaus tried.

"No," She said simply as she walked towards the bathroom Klaus following hot on her trail.

"We should talk about last,"

"There was no last, there was no first and there was nothing," She said her voice coming out a bit strained she swiftly tossed herself into the bathroom slamming the door behind her. She would be content with never speaking of this again. As she began undressing herself the heated water of the tub filling steam through the bathroom she pushed her thoughts away. That was until the chilly living room air collided with her back and her head snapped to the figure that stood before her Klaus' body was in full view the wooden door severing as barrier tightly clasped in his hands as she threw it against the floor.

"Sweetheart my patience for you is running thin," He said calming without skipping a beat he took in the sight before him of the nude body he had converted in the room next to them the night before he couldn't help the small grin that graces his sharp features as he did not attempt to conceal were he was gawking.

"Fuck Klaus," She said startled as she dragged the closest thing that could cover her body towards her. Wrapping the bathroom curtain around her she covered her mouth a bit shocked by her foul language. Dropping her head as if the floorboards had suddenly become interesting.

"Yes I recall you say the same sentence last time," He said stepping towards her. Faltering back a bit she drops the curtain.

"Must you be like this," She said dipping down a bit.

"Here sweetheart," He said handing her the robe behind him "you seem to want this."

Quickly she wraps the robe around her body before turning back to face him.

"Really the door?" She said leaning her palm against the frame. She hissed as she pulled her hand back a splinter evident between her palm.

"Let me see," Klaus said grasping her palm and yanking her towards him. As he brought himself closer to her he could help but inhale the fragrance of her.

"Sit," he said guiding her towards the couch. Disappearing for only a moment he appeared once more holding a first aid kit in hand. Elena raised a brow at the ridiculousness.

"Do you want me to heal you with the splinter still in your hand?" He said, flinging her leg over him as he sat beside her.

"Do you know what to do with that?" She said tilting her head a light chuckle leaving her lips and for the first time since last night she had looked at him she stared right into his eyes and she didn't shy away.

"I missed that," He whispered his palms drifted to her face as he cupped her cheek. "Why are you avoiding my love?"

"I am not avoiding you," She lied through her teeth.

"Lena?" His voice sound soft none of his usual demanding tone laced in it. It was just as it had been last night just as she had remembered just the same as his gentle voice that she knew would haunt her for as long as he permitted her to live. The sobering fact settled in her chest like bricks as she pulled herself away from the magnet that was his lips.

"Goodnight Klaus," She said standing.

"At least have some blood," He smiled.

Sighing she leaned towards him as he pressed his fangs into his skin he never dropped his eyes from her once lifting his fangs he dragged his tongue against his red-stained lips before bringing his palm to her. Pressing her lips to his skin he noticeable shivered but she held back the voice in her head that begged her to comment. That begged her to ask if her presence had that much of an effect on him if it affected him at all. She wondered if her lips made his heart race like his made her or if the mere scent of her sent his pulse in a frenzy as he did to her, she wondered if the coldness of her skin ignited his like the chill of his palm ignited her and most of all she wondered if it ever could.

"Goodnight," She said as she pulled away from him a smile faltering on her lips.

"Elena,"

"Yes?"

"Were leaving tomorrow,"

"Oh okay," She said she could not hide the disappointment in her voice.

"Would you stay for a drink?" His voice echoed as she entered the hall. She pretend not to hear him that night.