Prologue

I sit on my couch, twirling my light brown hair around my finger tips while thinking about Asher as gossip girl plays in the background. I can't believe Asher and I have lasted for almost two years.

Asher is one of those extremely hot yet egotistical jocks that would do any girl that was considered "pretty enough". So...yeah how'd he fall for me and I him? I have no idea.

Maybe it was the heart-wrenching smile, the cheesy jokes that end with me dying from laughter, the cute little presents he gives me on random occasions, or you know, the killer abs that made fall for him but either way, here I am thinking about the love of my life.

"DIE! WHAT?!?! I TOTALLY KILLED HIM! WHAT THE HELL!?" my brother's voice snaps me out of my reverie.

"SHUT UP!!! WHO CARES BENNETT!?! Wait, I was watching gossip girl, when did you come in?" I remark.

"Seriously? I've been here for about a half hour. Thinking about your wittle boyfriend Ashy Washy lil' sis?" *Bennet says with a huge grin.

"Firstly, we're only 8 minutes apart an-"

"Yeah, the best 8 minutes of my 16 years." He interrups.

"I'm not done! Secondly, at least I don't stutter whenever someone of the opposite gender is 2 feet away from me. And Thirdly, I actually have a boyfriend so...shut up." I respond.

"I don't stutter, it only happens if the girl is really beautiful, on the inside and out. Not my fault I get distracted by their beauty. Like your best friend Brittany." He states as he pushes his black-rimmed glasses back in place.

"Really? You like Britt? I thought you like that one girl in your trig' class um...Alex, Alexa, No it's Alexis!Yeah, that's her name."

"You mean Kasey? She's actually such a b*tch unlike Brittany, she actually acknowledges my presence in a good way, and she's really funny, makes me laugh and her smile, it cou-"

"Ding-Dong" the doorbell interrups him.

As fast as I could, I brought my finger up to my nose and shouted "NOT IT!" Yet, even with my amazing ninja skills, Ben can still beat me. My ninja-ness is just a little off today that's it.

"Ugh fine I'll get it." I say as I get up from the couch and walk towards the door.

"Oh My God! What are you doing here?! You usually call before you come over."I exclaim as I go on my tippy toes to squeeze the life out of Asher.

"I was going to surprise you. Dying. Can't breathe. Help. Too tight. Don't kill me."Asher jokes while giving me a bear hug.

"I'm going to miss this" I hear him faintly whisper.

"What? What are you talking about?"

"Um...I-I kinda wanted to hangout today. Let's just go to your room."He says as if he didn't hear me.

"Asher, tell me what's up. What do you mean by 'I'm going to miss this' just tell me." I say aggrivated.

"Fine. Hailey, um...I'm..."