Chapter One

*One Year Later*

It's the day before my senior year. Ben and mom are doing some last minute back-to-school shopping so I'm home alone, wallowing in self-pitty.

Everything changed after he left. I guess him leaving kinda changed my perspective on things. Today would have been our 3 year anniversary but instead of the two of us spending the day together, here I am, eating cookies and cream ice cream straight from the tub while watching a Nicolas Sparks marathon running on my extremely old television.

"HONEY I'M HOME!!!" I hear my best friend Brittany yell.

"WHAT THE FUCK BRITT?!?!? How'd you get in my house?" Honestly, how the fuck did she get into my house. Oh my God, did I forget to lock the door? What if some stranger walked in and kidnapped me? What if a murderer-

"Ben gave me a key. He's actually really nice and sweet. His glasses are a nice touch, it makes him look cute, well, cuter" Britt interrupts my thoughts.

"I know you like my brother and all but please try and not talk about him that way in front of me." She should really ask him out. My brother is oblivious to the fact that she likes him and vice versa. I really think that she and Ben are perfect together. "I think you should ask him out."

"Um... what are you talking about? I don't like him so moving on... I heard from Amy, who told Ashley, who told Becca, who told Sammy, who told Riley, who told Marley, who told me that Sebastian and Maddison broke up. Like, you have got to be kidding me, they've been on and off fuck buddies for 2 years. Can you believe it, Maddison didn't tell me, her own sister? He broke up with her though." She says trying to change the subject.

"Who gives Britt? Sebastian's just another player... and don't you dare tell me how he's oh, so nice to you and your sister because we both know that it was all an act. Also, you can't really blame Maddie, for not telling, like, I mean, who would want to tell their sister that the hottest guy at Whitewood High broke up with them?" I respond. In my opinion, Sebastian might even be the hottest guy in the district because daymn, when he runs his fingers through his hair and actually smile's, as in a genuine smile, my knees go weak. But I would never tell Sebastian or anyone that because he's a huge douche, cute douche, but a douche nonetheless.

I get interrupted by the jingle of keys as my front door opens wide and and Ben walks in with an In-N-Out Burger bag in hand. "Hey Hails, hey Britt. I got both of you-" He gets cut off when Britt attacks him with a hug.

"Ughhhh, thanks Ben, I've been dying from starvation. Thank you, thank you thank you." While Ben is distracted with Britt, I grab the bag and start eating my cheeseburger.

"Britt, hurry up and put in Mean Girls or I'll eat your burger."

"Bitch, you wouldn't dare." She says glaring at me.

"Try me."

"Um, guys. I'd rather not watch Mean Girls with the two of you. Whenever it's on, instead of watching the movie, you guys recite it word for word. So why not something else?" Ben states.

"Shut up, I know you love us so be a doll and get us some popcorn. Oh yeah, and where's mom?" I reply.

"Ugh, fine I'll get you guys some popcorn but it's only because I'm the best brother anyone could ever ask for. Mom is actually on a date. She planned on dropping me off here then heading over to meet her date." He says as he walks away to get some popcorn.

"HA, Mom's a better wheeler than you are." I tell him.

"I've got wheels." I hear him mutter.

Tonight's going to be fun I just hope that tomorrow will be too.